feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I really like the 20" Turbo Aero wheels and I know a lot of others do as well. There will always be a slight compromise in aesthetics for Aero wheels but they're good looking, IMO.
I really hope so since I settled with them, due to range and price.
Sponsored

Bikergal

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 Boxster S, 2014 Cayenne
Country flag
My dealer has been really responsive, although not pro-active. My only complaint is that full electric is not well versed at Porsche...yet. While there are hybrids in several lines, a full electric is new and as a source of good information, dealership personnel are very lacking in knowledge.

9J1_JJ

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
9J1 4S, 991 Targa 4S, 993 C2, 964 C2, 964 Turbo
Country flag
Thanks for the write up! I agree with pretty much everything! Someday, maybe, Porsche will let us delete all the gloss black in these cars. One can dream, right? I think the iPad screen protector is a great & functional idea for the climate screen.

Which Aero wheels do you have?
you can find a screen protector kit on suncoast now, I don’t have a passenger screen but might get the full kit anyways because finger prints on black plastic in front of passenger are driving me crazy!

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/spftay.html

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
you can find a screen protector kit on suncoast now, I don’t have a passenger screen but might get the full kit anyways because finger prints on black plastic in front of passenger are driving me crazy!

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/spftay.html
Sigh, $145 for screen protectors.
Like all the reviewers say, It's a true Porsche. :cool:

I know I could cut some from tablet devices, idea from @Dee, but these are pretty slick no doubt and the sizes are beyond what you could find I think without piecing pieces together.

But I think all I need is the two Center screens and tablet would work well for that. And keep my Porsche embroidered microfiber cloth handy.

103 CR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo , Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4.2
Country flag
Please can someone explain to me in simple layman’s terms what the 12v battery does and why it is thought to be responsible for sudden loss of power when driving the vehicle. Also how this has been rectified if indeed it has
Thank you

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
Please can someone explain to me in simple layman’s terms what the 12v battery does and why it is thought to be responsible for sudden loss of power when driving the vehicle. Also how this has been rectified if indeed it has
Thank you
There’s a lot of discussion on this. For detail, just search the threads. As I understand it, before a software update, it used to be that while charging a car, the 12 V battery was being drained. The car will not run without the 12v being operable, so the 12V batteries were dying, bringing the car to a halt. I believe this 12V issue has been fixed. Commenters will correct me, I am sure. However, there is a second problem resulting in power loss having to do with communication with the motors — they get out of sync and stop, something like that. A just released software fix (June 26, 2021) addresses this issue, and P has advised dealers not to deliver the vehicle without the fix, so it’s important. I don’t know whether this latest update is the definitive answer to the loss of propulsion, but it is certainly related to it, and you would think P believes the fix resolves the whole propulsion question — why go half way. Others will doubtless have other views.

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 C4GTS; 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Ugly: My sales team was horrible, and I don't say that lightly. Everything from telling me my order was fixed (when it wasn't), to giving me outright misinformation about the car and features (causing me not to order what I wanted), to delivering the car with less than a 30% charge (with no charging cable!), and not walking me through the features on delivery (the feature walkthrough issue was beyond their control, but then they weren't proactive and didn't reach out to schedule same), they were beyond bad. I could write a lengthy post just about this. Add to it the fact that when I raised this with Porsche, they kicked it back to the dealer twice (the first time the dealer called, left a message, and then did not return my call back - the second time they listened to me, but did not address my issues). Then, when I said I was still not happy with the outcome and wanted Porsche to contact me, they did not (and still have not - ~3 weeks later).
Unfortunately this resonates again and again. My first experience buying a mid-tier 911, my local dealership (here's looking at you, Bellevue) did not give me the time of day. Even when I openly told them I was ready to write them a check that day... they did not even let me test drive a car I was ready to buy, and I ended up going somewhere else. Now, I'm back for a Taycan Turbo, same thing. Very little investment on their part.

As someone who owns a business, I'd have to really go out of my way to be so rude and unengaged, so blasé towards repeat customers, and frankly I don't understand how they can make it through the day with so little passion. I understand that everyone around here have $10M+ homes and can wipe their asses with Lamborghinis, but the reputation of local dealerships have become a known impression for all the regional dealers that end up getting Seattlelites who are sick of the attitude. Numerous friends, including those who have bought 911 Turbo S, McLaren, etc., still don't get any better service from this dealership.

I ended up taking my business elsewhere. And gladly paid $15k more just to know that I worked with a team that could be courteous.

Why am I posting this here? I have no interest in nor time to say one dealer is bad or not. But on the whole, life's too short to not be courteous and patient, and I'd assume in this market segment dealers would know it's a small community. Vis a vis, great dealers that are known in this community can definitely get more taycanforum.com business.

ARTAL EV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
So, I have now owned by 4s for about a month. Overall, it is, by far, the best car I've ever owned (as well as driven). As with anything, there are some drawbacks. However, I would buy again. Notwithstanding the positives, I think some changes could be made to the Taycan, Porsche, and Electrify America, to make things better overall.

Instead of posting a 5 page post, I'm going to hit the highlights, and expound where necessary. Happy to expound further/answer questions.

TAYCAN:

Good: Incredibly responsive, great handling, very comfortable, torque that makes driving fun (and merging/crossing roads/moving in front of people who won't let you in), and effortless. The trunk is large and holds 2 sets of golf clubs+.

Bad: The Aero wheels look cheap in person. Innodrive will often slow down out of nowhere - even when there's no cars around (sometimes due to a school zone (when there's no school), and sometimes for no apparent reason at all). The upgraded leather, though very nice, is not so much nicer to justify the premium price. Certain settings cannot be left on: sound, regen when you lift your foot off accelerator, etc., and need to be reset every time you get in the car.

Ugly - The car, inside and out, shows pretty much every fingerprint. The trunk has a design defect - the interior curve causes the automatic closure to reopen consistently (almost regardless of what's in the trunk). The back seat is not as spacious as I recall it being at the auto show (maybe it's because I have a 4s, but I would assume the opposite to be true).

PORSCHE:

Good: The company deserves its reputation of quality, great driving cars, and a fun brand,

Bad: Their customer service phone number largely pushes you back to the dealer, vs. being an independent and helpful service (PCS' knowledge base and willingness to help is low overall). This is fine if you have a good dealer, but if you don't, it feels like the company doesn't care (and will never know about the dealer's poor service). Pricing is nickel-and-diming. It's great that you can customize just about everything. As a practical matter, though, that customization doesn't necessarily incrementally increase the cost of the car. Giving choices within a pricing structure would be much more user friendly and customer-oriented. For example, window trim in black or silver should be the same price, and simply a choice.

Ugly: My sales team was horrible, and I don't say that lightly. Everything from telling me my order was fixed (when it wasn't), to giving me outright misinformation about the car and features (causing me not to order what I wanted), to delivering the car with less than a 30% charge (with no charging cable!), and not walking me through the features on delivery (the feature walkthrough issue was beyond their control, but then they weren't proactive and didn't reach out to schedule same), they were beyond bad. I could write a lengthy post just about this. Add to it the fact that when I raised this with Porsche, they kicked it back to the dealer twice (the first time the dealer called, left a message, and then did not return my call back - the second time they listened to me, but did not address my issues). Then, when I said I was still not happy with the outcome and wanted Porsche to contact me, they did not (and still have not - ~3 weeks later).

ELECTRIFY AMERICA:

Good: Once you get how it works, it's a fairly easy system to use. Not 100% plug and play, but very close, assuming you have a working station.

Bad: The Connect app actually doesn't work for this - you need to use the Porsche Charging App. Locations are extremely few (and I live outside of Chicago), and those that are around have few chargers in general (and almost none above 50kw, which is nowhere near the 800 kw touted by Porsche when I locked my order). I know, they're coming - but when? This should be a priority (at least upgrading the current ones, but it doesn't appear to be). Finally, almost every cable requires convoluted/sideways parking to plug into the machine. Another 2 feet per cable wouldn't have cost that much more, and would have made it much easier to use.

Ugly: For a relatively new system, it's surprising how many of their chargers are faulty/won't connect/are down/can't be fixed by a phone call. This is a real problem, because it's not like gas stations - you can't go another mile and get a fill up. While there may be other non-EA charging stations in the area, that will cost you (undermining the "free" 3 year charging at EA for Taycan owners), and the third-party locations are often not higher than 50kw either. If you are very low on charge, 50kw is slower than watching paint dry.

As I said, I'm happy to expound, but hopefully this is helpful to people waiting/considering buying. Also, given there are supposedly a number of Porsche employees on this site, attention to customer service (and responding to requests for follow up), should be a priority. Covid-19 has not affected the ability to pick up the phone or send emails.
Does the second owner of a Taycan get to use the remaining months of Electrify America charging?