Anyone seen any Porsche Finance PCP final value/payment figures for the refresh Taycan yet?

maximumpanda

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I came late to the party with a mid year 2023 TTS, and I'm slightly gutted at the depreciation, but the financing options from Porsche never made much sense to me. They wanted a ~70k down payment + 11% interest and at the end period you'd have to pay pretty much what the depreciation was or just give away the car you've already sunk ~130k into.

I agree with the others, at 180k with options, and the macan getting churned out, it makes no sense. anything above the base model was always laden with an idiot tax (I know, I paid it heavily) but the macan absolutely demolishes the value/£ of the base model.

Personally if I could make the decision now (and I was a rational human) I'd 100% choose the macan; but less a time machine, I'm still happy with my TTS and will likely enjoy it until it eventually burns my garage down.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WuffvonTrips

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
... I'm still happy with my TTS and will likely enjoy it until it eventually burns my garage down.
:CWL: That's the spirit! I love this car, easily the best all-rounder I've ever had, and I've always intended keeping it for at least 5 years.
My interest in the finance numbers wasn't related to an intention to use them for anything other than understanding what Porsche expect for likely future resale values- my current Taycan was an outright purchase and now it looks like my next one, when it eventually comes (which it probably will as I expect it to still be the best replacement for my current one), will be a relative bargain-priced approved used having just come off a lease or PCP. Much as I love getting a car to my very particular spec, I'm unlikely to achieve that without ordering new myself, and the premium for doing that is unlikely to be worth it.
On a separate note, I wonder whether one factor behind the now much lower Porsche Finance RV is the expectation of a step-change with the battery tech for the full next-gen Taycan to arrive within the next 3 years?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
:CWL: That's the spirit! I love this car, easily the best all-rounder I've ever had, and I've always intended keeping it for at least 5 years.
My interest in the finance numbers wasn't related to an intention to use them for anything other than understanding what Porsche expect for likely future resale values- my current Taycan was an outright purchase and now it looks like my next one, when it eventually comes (which it probably will as I expect it to still be the best replacement for my current one), will be a relative bargain-priced approved used having just come off a lease or PCP. Much as I love getting a car to my very particular spec, I'm unlikely to achieve that without ordering new myself, and the premium for doing that is unlikely to be worth it.
On a separate note, I wonder whether one factor behind the now much lower Porsche Finance RV is the expectation of a step-change with the battery tech for the full next-gen Taycan to arrive within the next 3 years?
2027 is the expected timeframe for Taycan 2.0 and so not that far off...Porsche may have cleared the new MY23 / 24 fire sale cars currently littering their forecourts by then!

Andics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo MY24, GLE 300D
Country flag
I bought mine for cash last month:whew: Pre-reg, 13 miles on the clock, £28K discount from list. It was a business purchase so had the cash sitting there and wasn’t sure if the safety net of handing the car back was worth paying 10% interest for… Still not sure even now which option was the best choice! But I’m hoping the tax savings will soften the depreciation a bit and help to balance out the long term cost to something reasonable.

To be fair, I went in with my eyes wide open (I spent 4 months doing the maths before finally buying!) and have accepted that these cars cost a lot to own, but I’m okay with that because it’s the best car I’ve ever owned. No regrets here, and planning on keeping it for a while.
i have done exactly the same choice, £23k discount on a 4s sport turismo, bought in cash with the business. When factoring the 25% tax break depreciation shouldn't really be an issue...

only challenge is to accept it is a pre-styling version 😂😂

icegrey4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo
Country flag
i have done exactly the same choice, £23k discount on a 4s sport turismo, bought in cash with the business. When factoring the 25% tax break depreciation shouldn't really be an issue...

only challenge is to accept it is a pre-styling version 😂😂
I honestly prefer our styling anyway when comparing the updates on the new 4S! I love the teardrop style of our headlights/vents. And the extra range doesn’t bother me either as I rarely do long drives. Facelift definitely wasn’t worth an extra 30K to me, so I think we’ve bagged ourselves some great cars for bargain prices!

Andics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo MY24, GLE 300D
Country flag
I honestly prefer our styling anyway when comparing the updates on the new 4S! I love the teardrop style of our headlights/vents. And the extra range doesn’t bother me either as I rarely do long drives. Facelift definitely wasn’t worth an extra 30K to me, so I think we’ve bagged ourselves some great cars for bargain prices!
I had 3-4 on shortlist with similar specs and discounts, looks like they are all gone now!

I just realised yours was pre-reg....do you still get the 25% tax rebate on a pre-reg?

icegrey4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo
Country flag
I had 3-4 on shortlist with similar specs and discounts, looks like they are all gone now!
I watched mine drop another 3K in 10 days before the fear of losing out on the car won over. It was my perfect spec and at my ideal OPC and although it would have dropped further in price over time, I was terrified someone else would swoop in and buy it before me! So pulled the trigger when it reached a price I was comfortable with.

They are definitely selling. All the ones I’d saved are gone now too. Will be a while before we see any big discounts on the facelift so anyone looking for a bargain will need to act fast. Amazing cars

hugglemcduggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G82 M4 Competition
Country flag
Have they removed the finance page from the website? There used to be a module on the Taycan landing page pointing to the 'deals' but it's disappeared for me.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Have they removed the finance page from the website? There used to be a module on the Taycan landing page pointing to the 'deals' but it's disappeared for me.
Still on the page but scroll way down / search. Examples for 3 models.

hugglemcduggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G82 M4 Competition
Country flag
Still on the page but scroll way down / search. Examples for 3 models.
Maybe it's this flu I can't kick, but I genuinely can't find it anymore. Maybe it's a blessing lol.

OP
OP
WuffvonTrips

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag

Abdul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gentian Blue Taycan 4S...previously Ice Grey RWD
Country flag
I'm curious to see how, as a percentage of the base (i.e. before cost options) price new, they compare with the 66% of base price (ignoring cost options) I was quoted late 2021 for a CT 4S and CT Turbo, after 3 years at 6k annual miles. If I weren't intending to keep this car longer, I'd be wishing that I'd taken that PCP.
Not a direct reply but.......
Have a 22 plate 4S. Took a 4 year PCP. Current settlement value to Porsche Finance is £85k and p/ex value of approx £57 from supplying dealer.....circa £30k negative equity! They tell me things will 'settle' next year or so but I am happy I took a PCP and can hand back at the end.
Never, ever had that kind of depreciation hit in over 40 years of car ownership
Sponsored