Audio / Hi-fi thread

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
Unfortunately I also got the call, that Bose cant be delivered. Therefore I started to research and I spoke with some good Car Audio Company here, they advised me to talk with Porsche first, because any change could cause the loss of warranty!

So I called my dealer and even if they build in the new Audio equipment, I would loose the warranty. Did anyone else talk here with their dealer and what did they say?
In general most dealerships, regardless off brand, will answer this when asked about installation of non-oem equipment in their cars. However in this particular instance (audio upgrades) the chances that a well-reputable installer is able to fudge anything up when doing such an upgrade are VERY slim and therefore this particular claim that warranty is void on general grounds are...in my opinion...totally baseless.
Sponsored

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
I am amused by the audio threads so here is something merely to amuse, totally non serious.
I have a pair of 3-way horns which are 109dB/watt sensitive.
That means if you could get both in a car the sound would be able to blow you out the windows with one watt :)
Problem is there would be no chance of getting one of them in a car and pointing in the right direction, never mind two.

https://www.tuneaudio.com/audio-product/tune-audio-anima/

To properly integrate the sound of multiple drivers with considerable spacing (as opposed to co-axial) I find I need to be about 5 meters from the speaker, so would be best travelling on a skateboard towed behind the car with the tailgate open, for high quality sound :)

I do have very small speakers with coaxial drivers so they integrate well even when listened to quite close, but because they are small (and physics ;))the bass rolls off early and DSP and (in my very early ones) a 3000 watt amplifier is used to compensate.
They are still too big to go in a car though.

https://www.devialet.com/en-gb/phantom-speaker/

:)

They are amazing for their size IMO

After bruising my wallet extensively in the past to little avail I gave up trying to get high fidelity in a car a long time ago.
i have the Linn 3 speaker in my office, not dissimilar to the Devialet. The sound is better than anything I’ve heard in any car.
like Frank, I also have a proper hi Fi set up. Not as elegant as valve amp/ horn but sonically on another level to anything which is possible within a vehicle.
I have ordered Bose for my GTS ST for transparency. ( if it ever comes)

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I’ve got a couple of setups too, a nice B&W cinema system and some Anthony Gallo A’Diva Ti’s that are tiny (and wife friendly), but sound absolutely epic. But like many after years experimenting with car audio, I’ve come to the conclusion it’s pretty much not worth it. I’ve gone with the standard Bose in my Turbo ST.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I'm currently in a foreign land driving a Toyota Yaris. I've done a fair amount of exploring the island I'm on in my glorified go kart.

I only ever stream my music. The sound system is perfectly decent, if a little lacking with some vocals. The rear boot door reverberating while cranking the music up is amusing. It adds to the theatre 😂

If that's enjoyable - and I do spend money on decent home audio equipment - I know the Bose in my Porsche Taycan (if it ever arrives) will be equally enjoyable.

The Burmester exists to exercise egos, not eardrums. Playing spec Top Trumps is of no interest to me.

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Has anyone with the Bose system done any non-OEM upgrades to the audio system? If so, what upgrades have you done?
i posted this new thread in the audio forum: Secret Audiophile Project - which one of the UK members did this?

im pretty sure the owner had the bose system. all kinds of upgrades done to the system while retaining the oem head unit/pcm:

Helix DSP
Zapco amps
Accuton tweeters
Acoustic Elegance subwoofers
Hybrid Audio midranges
Sponsored