FR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
share.octopus.energy
Vehicles
RR Vogue Autobiography, Ducati Panigale V2
Country flag
Are these really needed?, I am not looking at going for the mission e wheels, however that may change.
Sponsored

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Are these really needed?, I am not looking at going for the mission e wheels, however that may change.
The standard 4S brakes have plenty of stopping power. They are actually pretty incredible for a vehicle of this weight. I have not been to a track yet. But last week, I was driving down a windy canyon road and behind me saw a Ferrari (that weighs half as much) come up in the rearview mirror. I tried to lose him, but was careful, going downhilll on a windy road where its easy to get up to 60 or 70 mph in between curves that must be taken at 20-30 mph. There was never a time in that drive, or others, where I needed more brake performance.

If you do get a large open-spoke wheel like the mission e, I think the standard 4S brakes will look too small.

So are the larger brakes needed? No. But they would look better if the price to upgrade works with your budget.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
@Td78 I think you Are right. It is mostly for estetic reasons you would upgrade the brakes. The Taycan has so huge regeneration braking when you push the brake pedal! I do not know how often you really use the mechanical brakes, but there is next to no brake dust that I have seen.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So are the larger brakes needed? No. But they would look better if the price to upgrade works with your budget.
Td78 is correct. The brakes on the 4S, along with the natural recuperative breaking, are going to be more than sufficient for basically anything. I'd only upgrade the brakes for aesthetic reasons and keep in mind several of the wheel options end up hiding the calipers.
Sponsored