First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Range Rover TD6 HSE, 2020 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Question for the group.
I have a Taycan Turbo on order with Burmeister audio. I know a lot of audio folks have certain songs that they say are the best to complete audio setup and sound. I have tried to find information but it is limited.
Is there a site or file set that performs the best with this system to setup the audio system?
Thanks, Fire34609
Sponsored

Litigator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gentian Blue Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Question for the group.
I have a Taycan Turbo on order with Burmeister audio. I know a lot of audio folks have certain songs that they say are the best to complete audio setup and sound. I have tried to find information but it is limited.
Is there a site or file set that performs the best with this system to setup the audio system?
Thanks, Fire34609
Great question I would love to know the best settings as well to set with the car.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Not sure what you want to tune as there are very few settings with the burmaister audio. Only tone, no bass or treble, I use pure / no processing.

Am I missing something?

OP
OP

Fire34609

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure what you want to tune as there are very few settings with the burmaister audio. Only tone, no bass or treble, I use pure / no processing.

Am I missing something?
I don’t have the car yet, but I’ve seen online were different automobile manufacturers have certain audio files that they play to bring out the full sound effect or tune of the vehicle audio. I was wondering if there was any particular songs that are best and bring out the true 3D Burmeister sound.
i’m surprised or maybe confused, are you saying they’re very little settings that can be performed inside of the stereo system?

Litigator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was told it has an equalizer and other things to set but perhaps I was incorrect.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just double checked. There are three “tone” settings, pure, live and 3D. The 3D has depth. There is also bass/treble and fader/position. The bass and treble are more restrained than most audio systems (which is fine). But there are no graphic EQs.

The system is very neutral and balanced on its own. There are no single “demo” songs. I have listened to various recordings I use for reference in the studio. For example Adele’s “Hello” is an incredibly well produced song and it sounds great and very present on the Burmesters. If I am trying to really test the weaknesses and strengths I will use a very good recording with acoustic guitar and voice as the sharp transients on the guitar will bring out holes/gaps and resonances and the voice will show the mid range performance.

So I guess I am saying it depends on taste and what you are trying to show off about an audio system. For presence and clarity its live recording of real instruments, usually not a large number of instruments. For control and power you can try orchestral or bands.

OP
OP

Fire34609

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just double checked. There are three “tone” settings, pure, live and 3D. The 3D has depth. There is also bass/treble and fader/position. The bass and treble are more restrained than most audio systems (which is fine). But there are no graphic EQs.

The system is very neutral and balanced on its own. There are no single “demo” songs. I have listened to various recordings I use for reference in the studio. For example Adele’s “Hello” is an incredibly well produced song and it sounds great and very present on the Burmesters. If I am trying to really test the weaknesses and strengths I will use a very good recording with acoustic guitar and voice as the sharp transients on the guitar will bring out holes/gaps and resonances and the voice will show the mid range performance.

So I guess I am saying it depends on taste and what you are trying to show off about an audio system. For presence and clarity its live recording of real instruments, usually not a large number of instruments. For control and power you can try orchestral or bands.
Understood, through reading I compiled a list of what car manufacturers have used to experience the sound of Burmeister 3D.
These also include MBZ Burmeister. But as you say depends on choice of music ;-)
  1. Deadmau5 - Let Go
  2. ZZ Top - Blue Jean Blues
  3. Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing
  4. Soft Cell - Tainted Love
  5. Pink - Trouble
  6. Prince - U Got the Look
  7. Creed - One Last Breath
  8. Black Eyed Peas - Pump It
  9. Pink Floyd - Us and Them

Litigator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hope the audiophiles love the system. I sprang for it in mine and the Panamera crowd seem to love the version in that car. I figured with a quiet car and nice insulated glass the system would really shine. I have not seen any reviews however.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hope the audiophiles love the system. I sprang for it in mine and the Panamera crowd seem to love the version in that car. I figured with a quiet car and nice insulated glass the system would really shine. I have not seen any reviews however.
I am not an audiophile but a professional audio engineer. So from that viewpoint I would say it is a very good sounding audio system, specially for a car. It is a good investment only if audio is the highest priority for you. In the sense that it is very good, whether its worth the cost is a personal matter.

Litigator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am not an audiophile but a professional audio engineer. So from that viewpoint I would say it is a very good sounding audio system, specially for a car. It is a good investment only if audio is the highest priority for you. In the sense that it is very good, whether its worth the cost is a personal matter.
Even better to hear from an engineer. Made my day and thank you!

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
I am an audiophile sound enthusiast, not an engineer, and I totally support your view Edmund: It all comes down to priority (and your wallet). First I went for the Bose regarding the total cost, mainly to please the economist I'm coincidentally married to - which system I must emphasizeis is not bad at all. But after listened to Burmester I came to a unwanted mental point of no return - It was completely on a different level (so was the price tag by the way). As a matter of fact, it was surprisinlgly my wife's decision after she heard it herself in a loaner - so I got to order the upgrade instead :rock:

Last edited:

DoctorV8

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Even better to hear from an engineer. Made my day and thank you!
Audiophile/musician here. I had an early launch edition Turbo with Bose that I now replaced with a Turbo S with Burmester. The Bose system was very good, probably the best Bose branded system I've heard in a car. However, the (also excellent) system in my Tesla Model 3 was superior in some ways, especially mid-bass definition.

The Burmester setup is noticeably superior to both, and I wouldn't get a Taycan without it now. Just amazing depth and clarity, even at higher volumes.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I am an 'audiophile' in the sense that I love music, especially when it is played through a very high quality system. My hearing is not terrific, so if I can hear a significant difference between systems, it is probably big.

I just downloaded the 'Tidal' app for my iPhone, and expect to receive my Taycan with Burmester in a few weeks. I wanted to see if there really was a noticeable difference for me between the Tidal and my standard iTunes music that I've downloaded over the years.

I really liked the Tidal setup for playlists. You pick out a particular genre, and they display artists, and you pick the ones you like. The display continues to show artists dependent upon your pics, and you can load hundreds of artists for a playlist this way. Then I compared the same songs played on Tidal and iTunes using my iPhone connected to my USB port in my Panamera Bose system. The difference was immediately apparent to me. I had a setup so I could switch back and forth between iTunes and Tidal quickly for the same section of the same tune. Way more range, clarity, separation and tightness of the bass with the 'lossless' Tidal tunes. I could actually feel the difference in terms of vibration of the armrest. I'm very excited to see how this sounds with the Burmester.

Anyone else have any opinions/suggestions on 'lossless' HD streaming music apps and their compatibility with the Taycan Burmester?

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
I could actually feel the difference in terms of vibration of the armrest.
If you could feel the difference in vibration from the armrest then you didn’t level match the two sources. iTunes is known to have taken a stance against loudness wars that have decreased dynamic range. This may have changed but Tidal used LUFS of -14 which is +2 dB from reference.

E.g. “Subjective listeners will always (unless the louder one is absolutely foul) prefer the louder source. I can't begin to count the number of high-end source components whose output levels were ever-so-slightly higher than their specification - their creators knew that would make them sound better in an unmatched level comparison.”
https://audiophilereview.com/audiophile/what-is-a-valid-listening-test.html

Tbc most of my library is lossless but there’s no way it makes that difference.
Sponsored