JIP1080

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I've been following this forum for two and a half years now. Today I finally signed up.

Before I go any further, I want to say thank you to everyone on the forum for the time and information you have posted. This thread specifically had me mopping up drool from my phone screen regularly.

I waited until today to sign up because I was afraid to jinx things. As is not uncommon here, a dream was born in 2015 with the Mission E concept. That dream was strengthened in 2021 with the GTS ST announcement. That dream was crushed when interest rates skyrocketed, I couldn't get an allocation, and my wife spent more money on trees and shrubs than I care to admit.

I'm writing this while waiting on a flight home with the ink still drying on the purchase agreement for a 600-mile CPO Carmine Red 2023 Taycan GTS ST. The stars aligned. It is amazingly close to how I had spec'd things in the configurator (over and over... and over... hourly since January 2022) I might have shed a tear when I saw it in the showroom in person for the first time today. I definitely got goosebumps when I went for the test drive.

I do have one request for advice from the folks on this thread - how do you avoid obstacles when walking away with your head turned to look back at the car? It was a bit embarrassing tripping over the curb walking back into the dealership to sign the paperwork!

Porsche Taycan CARMINE RED Taycan Club PXL_20230816_181739545

Porsche Taycan CARMINE RED Taycan Club PXL_20230816_174403809

Porsche Taycan CARMINE RED Taycan Club PXL_20230816_194223155

Porsche Taycan CARMINE RED Taycan Club PXL_20230816_194231424

Porsche Taycan CARMINE RED Taycan Club PXL_20230816_194245214

One more time - thank you everyone here! Great insights. Great conversations. Phenomenal cars!

The Riddler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I've been following this forum for two and a half years now. Today I finally signed up.

Before I go any further, I want to say thank you to everyone on the forum for the time and information you have posted. This thread specifically had me mopping up drool from my phone screen regularly.

I waited until today to sign up because I was afraid to jinx things. As is not uncommon here, a dream was born in 2015 with the Mission E concept. That dream was strengthened in 2021 with the GTS ST announcement. That dream was crushed when interest rates skyrocketed, I couldn't get an allocation, and my wife spent more money on trees and shrubs than I care to admit.

I'm writing this while waiting on a flight home with the ink still drying on the purchase agreement for a 600-mile CPO Carmine Red 2023 Taycan GTS ST. The stars aligned. It is amazingly close to how I had spec'd things in the configurator (over and over... and over... hourly since January 2022) I might have shed a tear when I saw it in the showroom in person for the first time today. I definitely got goosebumps when I went for the test drive.

I do have one request for advice from the folks on this thread - how do you avoid obstacles when walking away with your head turned to look back at the car? It was a bit embarrassing tripping over the curb walking back into the dealership to sign the paperwork!

PXL_20230816_181739545.jpg

PXL_20230816_174403809.jpg

PXL_20230816_194223155.jpg

PXL_20230816_194231424.jpg

PXL_20230816_194245214.jpg

One more time - thank you everyone here! Great insights. Great conversations. Phenomenal cars!
Interested in your spec, classic GTS colour way, you Cant go wrong!

JIP1080

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Standard GTS interior
RAS
Sport Design in Carbon
Heated seats front + rear
Fire extinguisher (shortly to be removed)
Seat belts in bordeaux
4-zone climate
150kW / 400v charger
InnoDrive
Premium Package
Under door projector

RAS was a must for me (drove two STs nah to back with and without and did a U-turn in both). I like the sport design, but hadn't optioned as I couldn't justify the additional cost for something I feared would be a wear item if anyone else drove the car. I would have liked the powered charge ports purely because I like the black accents, but I don't feel like I'm missing anything not having them. In my configs I waffled hourly about roof rails. I'm not sad to not have them though.
I did want the leather interior to get seat ventilation, but after driving a car with leather and a car with the race-tex back to back I ended up liking the feel of the race-tex better. I was worried about it getting matted until I searched through the forum for care advice.

Reactions: B61

JIP1080

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
This was mine after PPF treatment at one month old… I think I need to take some better shots…!

IMG_0509.jpeg

IMG_4747.jpeg

IMG_4752.jpeg
Ok, I take it back a bit... I'm a bit jealous of your roof rails 🤣. They definitely add a little extra visually (and obviously functionally) that just works well on an estate.

KLCharge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Newly purchased. 2023 CT4S with 1600 miles on the clock. 105k, 146k build. sport and performance packages in place.
So far, so good. Kids love it.

Porsche Taycan CARMINE RED Taycan Club 00E8659E-48D6-4614-B12D-1C6832F1A858
Sponsored