Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
OK, so here's my dilemma. I have spec'd my Turbo, driven one, twice and absolutely love it. However, I'm really concerned about the Panoramic roof. When test driving it was 50 degrees and sunny. I definitely felt the sun on my head-not good! So here's my potential solutions:
1. Wait 6 months for the aluminum roof which I actually like the looks of, or...
2. Get my car this May with the Panoramic roof And have the roof tinted on the inside to reduce glare and heat.
Thoughts???
Sponsored

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
OK, so here's my dilemma. I have spec'd my Turbo, driven one, twice and absolutely love it. However, I'm really concerned about the Panoramic roof. When test driving it was 50 degrees and sunny. I definitely felt the sun on my head-not good! So here's my potential solutions:
1. Wait 6 months for the aluminum roof which I actually like the looks of, or...
2. Get my car this May with the Panoramic roof And have the roof tinted on the inside to reduce glare and heat.
Thoughts???
What about buy now and get thermal glass option?
Very disappointing to hear. I've got a dozen or so stations about a mile from my home, including two 350KW setups, but I have no idea if they function properly. I do know they have been there for some time (1 yr +). Does anyone have successful high charging experience with one of these EA stations?
Look the charger locations up on PlugShare and you can get an idea of previous users experiences, that's what I did, hope that helps

sneksis911

First Name
Wald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG GT, XC90R
Country flag
Thoughts???
Similar concerns here...

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Thoughts???
This is not really a relevant topic under this thread, but I'm in the same boat: I don't want a glass roof, ever. So I'll be waiting to get the non-glass roof in the Cross Turismo. I don't see the point in rushing to modify a glass roof that you don't really want. But related to this thread: I'm hoping that maybe some battery range will be improved by the time I order a Cross Turismo in a year or two. I'm in no rush, but I'm enjoying hearing about other people's experiences in buying Taycans now.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Thoughts???
Naive question: Isn't it possible to "foil" the roof, e.g. partially with a silver reflecting thin foil? It may even look good, and has the advantage of being reversible. You could even test out how much cover you would want.

I don't know for sure if such foils are available but would very much think so. I have used thin adhesive metal foil in the past for other purposes and it did look quite good.

Cheers,
Henrik

Abdullah

First Name
Abdullah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
The Taycan is optionally available with a large panoramic glass roof, which provides a pleasant feeling of space with around a square meter of viewing area and maximum headroom. There is no sun protection roller blind, because the thermal properties of the glass (IR protection and low-emissivity coating) protect the passengers from bright light and tiring heat build-up. Thermo glass is an all-rounder: it filters the UV radiation completely, significantly reduces the infrared radiation and has a high noise insulation effect. The new thing is the multiple insulation and coating to the passenger compartment. It ensures that the temperature is perceived in the same way as in the rest of the interior when it is warm and cold even near the glass.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Well after all this my Turbo went into production today. Yahoo
Most of my recent cars have had a panoramic roof. I am not a big fan of the sunlight and have kept the covers closed 99% of the time. As you know the Taycan does not have a cover for the panoramic roof. I have not been bothered at all with the glass roof. The roof is well tinted and I don't feel like the sun is beating down on my head.

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
Thoughts???
After having mine for a few weeks I LOVE the pano roof. The dealer told me prepare for it to be very cavelike without it and I could see that now that I own one ( personal preference for sure). One of the First things passengers mention is how cool the pano roof is. I know you are not getting it for the passengers but that is feedback from every single person that has driven with me. I would tint the top and get the glass. It is so gorgeous on a nice day and without a doubt feels more spacious in .

Just my opinion but I am so glad I went with it and did not wait.

Porsche Taycan Concerns about panoramic roof and sun 20200429_195600_Original

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I've ordered a sun shield for the panoramic roof from Heatshield part number 2030T-A. I did a fit check on my dealer's Turbo S today. It works.

Porsche Taycan Concerns about panoramic roof and sun Sunshield Panoramic roof sunshade in place.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Skier

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The car is scheduled for delivery 7/30, right in the middle of summer so I'll know pretty quickly if its a problem and will post results and if I add a darkening film to it.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
From inside, you could use one rattle can of black paint to fix having a big glass roof. Or sky blue. Your choice. :cool:

Or vinyl wrap the roof with some fancy color shifting pink/purple/green. Or wood grain. A nice mahogany.

OP
OP
Skier

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
From inside, you could use one rattle can of black paint to fix having a big glass roof. Or sky blue. Your choice. :cool:

Or vinyl wrap the roof with some fancy color shifting pink/purple/green. Or wood grain. A nice mahogany.
All sound like viable, if not practical options. Just have to wait and see. Hoping it'll be fine on arrival. Can't wait.
Sponsored