Concerns about panoramic roof and sun

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I live in the Pacific Northwest (USA) and we dont get enough sun here to credibly comment on high temperature days

However I took these three photos today of my car after it rained and the sun cracked through some clouds.

You can see the intensity of the light reflection creating a fascinating color effect on the roof. That's as a result of the high level of sun protection treatment.

I have never been aware of the glass roof while driving other than when I turn around and look up.

I would order the panoramic glass roof again.

Porsche Taycan Concerns about panoramic roof and sun 3D78FB94-FCDD-4736-8434-7E8822255FC2

Porsche Taycan Concerns about panoramic roof and sun BA3272E6-EB41-4774-80C0-02C560CE2210

Porsche Taycan Concerns about panoramic roof and sun 575CA9D8-1DB8-4F62-8495-0EE89AB1028E

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
That is from back when they could use better refrigerants that ate the ozone layer. :p
Yes, the good old days. I had a house where the previous owner sprayed DDT in crawl space, never saw a spider there for years... ;)

Andrew Cohen

First Name
Andrew Downunde
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turismo 4
Country flag
Australian Taycan Owner - Andrew
(first post on forum too!)

Here is my roof spec > Panoramic roof, fixed
Thermally and noise insulated glass

Here is my concern > Australian summers are brutal and I’m worried about the glass literally ‘baking’ the car interior, including me!

Has anyone successfully applied an external thermal or reflective film (not an interior shade) and it works? … we get 45 degree celsius summers for days in a row.

I’m thinking of approaching car companies who wrap cars and select a silvery reflective film that can withstand rain, car-washes etc and if needed, can be removed.

Any help / ideas / links would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance Porsche community :)

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Australian Taycan Owner - Andrew
(first post on forum too!)

Here is my roof spec > Panoramic roof, fixed
Thermally and noise insulated glass

Here is my concern > Australian summers are brutal and I’m worried about the glass literally ‘baking’ the car interior, including me!

Has anyone successfully applied an external thermal or reflective film (not an interior shade) and it works? … we get 45 degree celsius summers for days in a row.

I’m thinking of approaching car companies who wrap cars and select a silvery reflective film that can withstand rain, car-washes etc and if needed, can be removed.

Any help / ideas / links would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance Porsche community :)
I live in Florida and it can be very hot and sunny here and I have had many cars with the pano roofs and I have never felt the need for any sort of extra treatments to block the sun, I just don't think that it is needed. here in Florida a good parking spot is a shady parking spot.

911-TOUR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 911 Carrera T
Country flag
I'm seeing regular 45 -50C days in the UAE - I'm honestly shocked it's as good as it is. I park under shades or underground, but when driving Abu Dhabi -> Dubai or Abu Dhabi -> Al Ain it's very comfortable.
Sponsored