ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Someone test driving a Porsche Taycan in the Netherlands decided to push the new EV to the limit on public roads, and the police clocked the young man at 133 miles per hour (214 kilometers per hour) in a 62-mph (100-kph) zone. Let's hope he had fun because that was probably his last time behind the wheel for a while.

For those that don't speak Dutch, here's a translation of the Instagram post above: "Test drive with Porsche Taycan doesn't end well! The 24-year-old driver was clocked on the N33 at 214 km/h where 100 km/h is allowed!"

The Netherlands recently increased its fines for speeding. The minimum cost for going 5 kph (3 mph) over the limit on the highway is 30 euros ($33.16 at current exchange rates). At the maximum, doing 39 kph (24 mph) over costs 431 euros ($476.15). The country's official list of fines doesn't even mention higher speeds than that, which suggests a trip to see the judge is the likely punishment.

The front fascia identifies this as either a Taycan Turbo or Turbo S. Both models make 616 horsepower (459 kilowatts) during normal driving, and they share a top speed of 161 mph (259 kph). This driver was less than 30 mph (48 kph) away from hitting the EV's maximum velocity.

Source:
https://www.motor1.com/news/394498/porsche-taycan-speeding-fine-netherlands/

Porsche Taycan Driver Test Driving Taycan Caught Going 133 MPH In 62 MPH Zone 1579848786440

Folks, be careful on your test drives.
But Officer, it just didn't want to go 100kph...
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you’re new to this kind of car, it’s ridiculously easier for it to get out of control (Er, for the lawful driver, I mean. The car itself is rated for far higher). After 3 seconds you’re exceeding the speed limit, and after 9 the situation now involves jail time. It’s a little weird having a car in which you can’t use more than 10% of the throttle most of the time ...

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Worst part is how well it hides away your speed. A friend was driving mine for the first time, she was going “slow” around a 25 mph corner, afterwards she said “I am driving the same speed as in a normal car” until I pointed out to her she just went around the curve at 55. She had no idea, her eyes were wide after that.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Worst part is how well it hides away your speed. A friend was driving mine for the first time, she was going “slow” around a 25 mph corner, afterwards she said “I am driving the same speed as in a normal car” until I pointed out to her she just went around the curve at 55. She had no idea, her eyes were wide after that.
Be careful out there our Scandinavian friends ... (speeding tickets are income adjusted!!)

Rekool3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2020 911 Carrera 4S
I've said before I'm not big on cruise control, but I almost have to use it with the Turbo S. It's just too easy to get flying along, and it feels deceptively slower than your actual speed (if you can picture it). Heading down to San Diego, left lane, need to exit four lanes over in say a mile or so. I spot my openings, ease up to make it all look cool at 75. I make the right lane thinking I'm cool, and see I'm going 96.
So its cruise control time til I can get the lead out of my shoe.
Awesome car!!
Sponsored