Front: 265/35 ZR21 101Y XL
Rear: 305/30 ZR21 104Y XL

Porsche Taycan Tire PSI and Sizes.jpeg

artdept

Reaction score
Vehicles
VOLT, VAN, PINTOSTANG, VESPA, XIOMI M365, t -model 3
Country flag
again , a example on why this first attempt should of been a 2 seater.

charliemathilde

Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
again , a example on why this first attempt should of been a 2 seater.
they discussed why they couldn’t. They need to share the architecture with Audi and sell sedans in larger volume than the 2 seater market. Also, the EV tech isn’t good enough to make a 2 seater cayman style, or even a 2+2 competitive with 911. Batteries are very heavy. Even Tesla with the best battery tech in the world, by far, isn’t doing this and the future roadster will be < 10,000 units annual.

this is Porsche’s 1.0. Has some rough edges, but it must be done.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Interesting little cartoon graphics on that sticker.....any idea what the 'snowflake M+S ' might be telling us?
The Turbos will be delivering to North America when the ice and snow is still flying around and that rubber is "Summer" by Porsche's definition in their Taycan brochure.

I see Pirelli has Winter Sotos in those sizes but I've never run that wide a rear winter fitment on a Pcar.
Plenty of time to prepare however the discussion will come up.
On delivery the owners manual will no-doubt have a 'Winter' tire size noted but I'd want to have ducks-in-a-row long before that.

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
Interesting little cartoon graphics on that sticker.....any idea what the 'snowflake M+S ' might be telling us?
The Turbos will be delivering to North America when the ice and snow is still flying around and that rubber is "Summer" by Porsche's definition in their Taycan brochure.

I see Pirelli has Winter Sotos in those sizes but I've never run that wide a rear winter fitment on a Pcar.
Plenty of time to prepare however the discussion will come up.
On delivery the owners manual will no-doubt have a 'Winter' tire size noted but I'd want to have ducks-in-a-row long before that.
For winter wheels and snow chains I found that there is in the Germany configurator some available options.
20190909_202023.jpg

Screenshot_20190909-201935_Samsung Internet.jpg

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Very interesting.
Both rim and tire sizes........incredibly helpful.
Pairing back to 20's and 285s in the rear......still wide, but very helpful.

I'd be curious to do some math on the OE Turbo 22" tires (front-back rolling diameter).....to see if it jives w/these 20" winters.
That would tell us, supposedly, what the drive line likes to see for front-rear rotational differential.
For past Pcars that are all-wheel that's been keenly important to PSM.....and with the EV I would think also.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Country flag
For winter wheels and snow chains I found that there is in the Germany configurator some available options.
20190909_202023.jpg

Screenshot_20190909-201935_Samsung Internet.jpg
TIM....just to confirm.....on the Germany Configurator, is that what's showing for the the Turbo? (where stock wheel is 20)......or for both the Turbo & Turbo S? (which would mean a recommended scale back to 20's for winter).
Thanks in advance for checking.

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
TIM....just to confirm.....on the Germany Configurator, is that what's showing for the the Turbo? (where stock wheel is 20)......or for both the Turbo & Turbo S? (which would mean a recommended scale back to 20's for winter).
Thanks in advance for checking.
Turbo and Turbo S