sneksis911

First Name
Wald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG GT, XC90R
Country flag
I noticed on UK range estimator on Porsche.com that impact of AC versus Eco Plus AC is significant (20% ish).

Do people have actual experience what ECO plus AC really is/does?
Sponsored

cars97

First Name
nonexist
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
a car
Country flag
I noticed on UK range estimator on Porsche.com that impact of AC versus Eco Plus AC is significant (20% ish).

I have no idea.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Turns the compressor off so no cooling. Attempt to regulate using outside air. Temp can't be adjusted once set. Turns off rear AC if fitted if no one in rear.

I use it all the time in Range mode as the climate here typically doesn't require much cooling for example. Winter less so!

Use of AC in general consumes significant energy.

Alternative is to use Eco - disables rear AC where fitted if seat is unoccupied but allows regulation of temp.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Use of AC in general consumes significant energy.
not quite right, use of the temp control system for heating consumes significant energy, cooling the car uses minimal amounts of energy.
that said, I am in hot humid florida and I have been running the climate system in eco and the car is cooling well at that setting.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
not quite right, use of the temp control system for heating consumes significant energy, cooling the car uses minimal amounts of energy.
that said, I am in hot humid florida and I have been running the climate system in eco and the car is cooling well at that setting.
But it drives up consumption quite a bit, I'd say at least 10%. For me more like 20%. What is your experience?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I use it all the time in Range mode as the climate here typically doesn't require much cooling for example. Winter less so!
I miss this Eco Plus AC mode in all other drive modes...

Reactions: B61

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
But it drives up consumption quite a bit, I'd say at least 10%. For me more like 20%. What is your experience?
less than 1 or 2% you must have other factors impacting your range

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Can't you manually override within the Climate settings - 'plus' element not however as I think is reserved for Range?

Porsche Taycan How good is eco plus AC 1624274836479

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Eco Plus does indeed seem to turn off the AC compressor. In addition to meaning you can only cool to at best the outside air temperature, you cannot reduce the humidity level inside the car. This will adversely affect comfort, and if the glass gets cool enough (e.g. shady day, cool day, rain) you can have condensation on the inside. I'd bet the actual range impact from Eco vs. Eco Plus is small - on the order of 5-10 miles on a full charge. I have no data to support this guess.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Eco Plus does indeed seem to turn off the AC compressor. In addition to meaning you can only cool to at best the outside air temperature, you cannot reduce the humidity level inside the car. This will adversely affect comfort, and if the glass gets cool enough (e.g. shady day, cool day, rain) you can have condensation on the inside. I'd bet the actual range impact from Eco vs. Eco Plus is small - on the order of 5-10 miles on a full charge. I have no data to support this guess.
That is my experience, too. The compressor is turned off and the humidity comes in.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
less than 1 or 2% you must have other factors impacting your range
On my next full charge, I will check again range impact switching on/off the AC.

Up to 20% includes me using pre-cooling the car on some rides. For short stops, I press the pre-cool button on the battery charging display, to keep the AC going while the car is parked. Good feature...

Reactions: B61

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
I use Eco A/C most of the time — unless it is a really warm day and not just me in the car.

Oddly, and have never understood this, sometimes Eco Plus is an option and other times it is not an option and only Eco available. What makes Eco Plus show up? Range mode?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I use Eco A/C most of the time — unless it is a really warm day and not just me in the car.

Oddly, and have never understood this, sometimes Eco Plus is an option and other times it is not an option and only Eco available. What makes Eco Plus show up? Range mode?
Yes.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Eco Plus is sometimes automatically activated if your drive mode is sport plus.