TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
I visited the Porsche booth in Geneva motor show, the informationI was able to gatherare the following:

- The Taycan should be by Switzerland dealers in November - December this year, first deliveries beginning of 2020
- The prices are defined but they cannot share them. Confirmed that it will be between Cayenne and Panamera pricing. I had a discussion with a dealer general manager and he mentioned a price (not stating which taycan, nor if it was the basis price or with usual options) of 200'000 CHF. I assumed he talked from the "turbo" model so I did some maths (you'll find the snapshot of the excel sheet) and it lookout that it could be a price halfway between cayenne and panamera.

Porsche Taycan Latest new from Geneva Motor Show 14-03-2019 09-22-24
Sponsored

Last edited:

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You bet
Country flag
I hope he is mistaken because that would be an extremely high price in Canada, ruling out my $100k budget by double.

For the record a base Cayenne is $75k and a Panamera is $98k here in Canada.

So when Porsche said between those two... I had assumed base models as anything else would be misleading.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I visited the Porsche booth in Geneva motor show, the informationI was able to gatherare the following:

- The Taycan should be by Switzerland dealers in November - December this year, first deliveries beginning of 2020
- The prices are defined but they cannot share them. Confirmed that it will be between Cayenne and Panamera pricing. I had a discussion with a dealer general manager and he mentioned a price (not stating which taycan, nor if it was the basis price or with usual options) of 200'000 CHF. I assumed he talked from the "turbo" model so I did some maths (you'll find the snapshot of the excel sheet) and it lookout that it could be a price halfway between cayenne and panamera.

14-03-2019 09-22-24.jpg
I also visited the Porsche booth at Geneva, and spoke with a number of knowledgeable folks and they rightly said they have no information. The dealers simply don't have any specifics - pricing or release dates, and the GM you spoke to was just giving you his guess. When there is real information, the dealers will all know at the same time.
Sponsored