ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for posting @SFEVER I also never saw that multi finger touchpad technique for volume adjustment. Very handy for the passenger. The driver can simply use the thumb wheel of left side of steering wheel.

These video game dudes know how to explore the UI. Though they didn't know about the optional screen in front of passenger.

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
It’s the 1st time I’ve heard the difference between the sports sound whilst in sports compared with sports+ mode.

it’s a bit disappointing as I ordered sports sound but not sports chrono so I don’t get sports+ mode/sound

the sound in sports mode Sounds a bit lame by comparison.

also did anyone notice the acceleration in sports seems subdued as well

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It’s the 1st time I’ve heard the difference between the sports sound whilst in sports compared with sports+ mode.

it’s a bit disappointing as I ordered sports sound but not sports chrono so I don’t get sports+ mode/sound

the sound in sports mode Sounds a bit lame by comparison.

also did anyone notice the acceleration in sports seems subdued as well
I believe that you will not hear that much of a difference if you enable it. It's just that it default on in Sport+ and defaults off in all other modes. You can turn on in Sport or even Normal mode.

I did order Sport Chrono but to get the battery conditioning that only occurs in Sport+.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
A reposting by InsideEVs
Reviewers Say Porsche Taycan Turbo S Is Video Game Fast
By: Andrei Nedelea

https://insideevs.com/reviews/406267/porsche-taycan-turbo-s-review-drive/

It looks like reviewers are having a hard time picking faults with the Taycan. The only problem with it is its rather high price - the car in the video costs $178,200 which is a lot of money, whichever way you try to spin it. However, if you want the most enjoyable EV currently out, then that’s how much you have to spend to get it.

Reactions: Reg

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yet another review using this video by TeamSpeed. ;) News is a little slow for those of us awaiting delivery. :rolleyes:

Porsche Taycan Turbo S: The ‘Straight Pipes’ Take
https://teamspeed.com/articles/the-straight-pipes-reviews-the-porsche-taycan-turbo-s/

Excerpt:
How does this thing look?
Going fast in a straight line is one thing, but does it handle like a Porsche? With Ciesla at the wheel, he takes the Taycan around one of the best-known corners on his test loop. “Ok this is, wow, this is easily one of the fastest cars we’ve driven through here…this feels like a video game.” Exclaims Ciesla. “There’s no shifting it’s just linear power the whole way.” Adds Tereshyn. “It feels a lot better than the Model 3 Performance did, which also felt really good.” Continues Tereshyn. So, that is acceleration and handling sorted.
Sponsored