Official: Porsche Taycan Will Debut in September! Over 20,000 deposits taken

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Porsche just announced that the Taycan will be officially revealed in September!

The company did not mention a specific venue or location, but given the timing one possibility is the 2019 Frankfurt International Motor Show -- where the original Mission E concept was first shown four years ago.

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE:

More than 20,000 prospective Taycan buyers

The first purely electrically powered sports car from Porsche, the Taycan, is enjoying significant attention worldwide.
Porsche Taycan Official: Porsche Taycan Will Debut in September! Over 20,000 deposits taken 71d72ffd-f063-4cd1-a0f4-abe4f6bf0255

The vehicle will not be presented to the public until September and its final design is not yet known; nonetheless, there are more than 20,000 people around the world with serious interest in buying one of their own, as the company has confirmed at the Geneva International Motor Show.

That is the number that has already registered to join a list of prospective buyers – and registration requires a down payment of €2,500 (in Europe).

Porsche Taycan Official: Porsche Taycan Will Debut in September! Over 20,000 deposits taken 2d39041d-c584-48da-9882-049e676fa3e1

The Mission E concept study, from which the Taycan emerges, in action

The Porsche Taycan will have its debut in September, and market launch is scheduled to take place before the end of the year. The vehicle will be able to accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in considerably less than 3.5 seconds. It will have a range of more than 500 kilometers as measured in accordance with the NEDC. Moreover, it will be possible to add sufficient charge for a range of 100 kilometers in just four minutes (measured in accordance with the NEDC).

Porsche Taycan Official: Porsche Taycan Will Debut in September! Over 20,000 deposits taken 1acde737-4553-4902-858f-3654a4f871ee

The Mission E at a charging station

“The overwhelming interest in the Taycan shows us that our customers and fans are just as excited about the first Porsche electric athlete as we are – and we’ve therefore increased our production capacities,” confirms Detlev von Platen, Member of the Executive Board for Sales and Marketing at Porsche AG. “The Taycan will be the most sporty and most technically advanced vehicle in its segment – a true Porsche.”

Viand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Still looking
Yaaaa hoooo! You know what I find interesting is the mention about "final design is not yet known" and then they lead with the Mission E pic. Wishful thinking maybe but I think a pleasant surprise is coming...

JayGT4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
20k+ reservations already and production model hasn't even been revealed yet. :like: People placing orders now will likely be waiting until the second model year to receive theirs.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Yaaaa hoooo! You know what I find interesting is the mention about "final design is not yet known" and then they lead with the Mission E pic. Wishful thinking maybe but I think a pleasant surprise is coming...
I hope so.

I know I've mentioned this umpteen times already, but anyone worried about the shape/silhouette of the Taycan can merely look at my silhouette comparison photo to assuage their fears, in fact here it is below. I know I've already posted it several times, but trust me, you'll thank me for putting your (very understable) fears at ease, especially for those who've put deposits on the Taycan based on Mission E pics. Plus the dimensions are identical to those of the Audi E Tron GT

Also, as Porsche always use the Mission E in the pictures, it's safe to say the final design will be almost indistinguishable

Porsche Taycan Official: Porsche Taycan Will Debut in September! Over 20,000 deposits taken taycan3

Toolate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 M240i
Country flag
Great to have a timeframe... but please oh please don't wait until Sept to release pricing and info on trims etc.

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
Great to have a timeframe... but please oh please don't wait until Sept to release pricing and info on trims etc.
I’m with you but given the history of configurators going live a day or two after the debut, I.e. 992 in LA I’m betting 14 September. Hope I’m wrong though

Monkman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 Turbo S Cab, 2018 LR RR Supercharged, 2018 BMW 750xi
Country flag
I'm guessing we will have to spec them out before configurator goes live. We will probably get a PDF of all options, etc. It would have to go live July for year end orders to be delivered using the configurator.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Although I knew already last year I'm still excited to hear it being announced officially!
6 More months.... I love this journey!

Porsche Taycan Official: Porsche Taycan Will Debut in September! Over 20,000 deposits taken 2019-03-08_19.14.36

Last edited:

hawc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf R
Country flag
I guess that means we'll see them on the road in Spring 2020. Can't wait to get mine. I'm #4 in Canada right now.

Also can't wait for price list. If it starts over $100K CDN, I'll be sad.

Ron R

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Porsche Cayman
Country flag

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I think this is the official announcement on Porsche's website:

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2019/company/porsche-taycan-sports-car-electromobility-17158.html

What I found particularly interesting was the comment "0 to 100 km/h in considerably less than 3.5 seconds". Knowing how Porsche tends to be conservative on specs, that doesn't surprise me, but it's the first time I've seen the company say that formally.

Can't wait to see the Taycan in production!
A 0-60 time of potentially sub 3 seconds?

GyAkUsOu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A1 GB
Country flag
I guess that means we'll see them on the road in Spring 2020. Can't wait to get mine. I'm #4 in Canada right now.

Also can't wait for price list. If it starts over $100K CDN, I'll be sad.
According to Blume the "cheaper" model with a smaller battery will cost less than 100K Euros. But that model will not be available at launch.

That implies the Taycan will cost more than 100K € initially (150K CDN)

Last edited:

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
I hope so.

I know I've mentioned this umpteen times already, but anyone worried about the shape/silhouette of the Taycan can merely look at my silhouette comparison photo to assuage their fears, in fact here it is below. I know I've already posted it several times, but trust me, you'll thank me for putting your (very understable) fears at ease, especially for those who've put deposits on the Taycan based on Mission E pics. Plus the dimensions are identical to those of the Audi E Tron GT

Also, as Porsche always use the Mission E in the pictures, it's safe to say the final design will be almost indistinguishable

taycan3.jpg
Comparing E to E.....yes, uncannily similar.

Ronin

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P85D - 2009 BMW K1300S
Country flag
Besides the Powertrain of course. I find what’s most appealing about the Taycan are those nicely flared front quarters. And of course those sick 24” 2-tone wheels. We know those wheels will not be part of the final production line for numerous reasons. But I really hope they find a reason to keep those front flares. Puh puh puh puhleeze.