First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Funny, had that exact same config.
Later, I skipped the Carrara White option for the wheels cuz it's hardly different from the standard white on the wheels anyway.
Waste of money imho.
Besides, I may change the wheels one day for different ones.

Or do you mean paint the whole wheel Carrara White?
I just went with the Carerra White painted rim and black spokes with black calipers. I was going to stick with the standard wheels and save $900 but I figured what the heck - it's a $250K car. As far as the calipers go, I think it's really a matter of personal taste. The yellow definitely 'pops' more, but I find myself looking at the wheels/brakes more than the beautiful car. I just think the black looks cleaner, and of course I've got the olea black interior with dark silver as well with the glass roof. I'll get the clear side markers and we'll just have black, silver and white, so very clean and I don't think I have to worry about boring. I'm still showing an August 20 delivery date from the last three updates. We'll see...
Sponsored

Alain

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Jaguar F-Type 3.0 v6 P380 Supercharged R-Dynamic
Country flag
Black certainly looks cleaner and less distracting. It also suits the chic character of the car. The reason I went for the yellow is that there are really thick brakes under this car and a bright color accentuates this even more. I think it's cool that this stands out. But in the end it is all just taste. Either way it will look super slick.:cool:

CJE

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Ford GT (part owner)
Country flag
Any thoughts on black vs yellow calipers on the Turbo S? The black high gloss finish is a $900 option here in the states, and I've ordered it because I think it looks cleaner and doesn't distract from the lines of the car the way the bright yellow does. Thoughts??
I went with the classic carbon ceramic yellow. For me, on a white car (Mission E tribute) the yellow seems to denote the kind of brakes you have and gives the car a little extra punch. IO think black brakes would actually make the car more ordinary. Serious performance automobiles usually show yellow carbon ceramic brakes and I felt the Turbo S qualified for that category, so I went with that tradition.

Porsche Taycan Opinions on Black vs Yellow Calipers on Turbo S Taycan 2 copy
Sponsored