First Name
Sotiris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo (2020)
Country flag
Hello guys!
I want to log completely out of my account in the car, to then log back in, do I choose ‘Delete Account’ or ‘Deregister Account’. I guess the 2nd one is the correct choice, but asking just in case.

Porsche Taycan PCM Account relogin issue image
Sponsored

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
Don’t do it! I did the same and now I can’t get back in except as a guest.
I’m not sure, and I can’t check now I’m locked out, but that last synchronisation date looks familiar. I think my last sync date was the same. But as I say not sure.

OP
OP
sotiris

sotiris

First Name
Sotiris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Don’t do it! I did the same and now I can’t get back in except as a guest.
I’m not sure, and I can’t check now I’m locked out, but that last synchronisation date looks familiar. I think my last sync date was the same. But as I say not sure.
Oh, what a shame, I did that and then saw email notification from your post 🥲. Haven’t tried relogging back yet, but I suppose I will have the same issue as you. It’s likely that the reason for you problem are the servers, just like it being the reason for the recent connectivity issues discussed in other threads.

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh, what a shame, I did that and then saw email notification from your post 🥲. Haven’t tried relogging back yet, but I suppose I will have the same issue as you. It’s likely that the reason for you problem are the servers, just like it being the reason for the recent connectivity issues discussed in other threads.
Let me know how you get on.
My OPC are collecting the car tomorrow to fit a (free) temporary tracker so I will be insured. I will then be able to drive the car but have to login as a guest every time. Irritating.
Let’s hope the boffins can fix it soon.
I did wonder if deleting my porsche ID and setting up a new one with a different email address would work , but I have a tracker subscription etc. maybe they could transfer that? I did suggest it to the UK support but he sounded a little unsure. “I will ask Germany” he said. What an idiotic system, surely they should know this stuff. (And don’t call me Shirley.😉)

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you get this fixed? My car is still not able to connect with the server.

OP
OP
sotiris

sotiris

First Name
Sotiris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you get this fixed? My car is still not able to connect with the server.
It got fixed at 9th of July for me. 2-3 hours before it got fixed, I had tried the 12v battery reset fix. I don’t really know if the battery reset was the reason that it got fixed or it was just a timing coincidence and it just happened that at that moment the servers were fixed.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Server issues prevail - I've not 'seen' my car in days.

12v shimmy likely resolved yours and I need to find time to fix mine. Tempted to sit it out to see if Porsche actually resolves remotely.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Server issues prevail - I've not 'seen' my car in days.

12v shimmy likely resolved yours and I need to find time to fix mine. Tempted to sit it out to see if Porsche actually resolves remotely.
Not seen my car online since 9th July, even though its in daily use.

Previously got it back with the 12v battery trick a few weeks ago.

I have sent a message to customer service as I dont want to be doing the 12v disconnect every few weeks.

Precool would have been REALLY useful the last few days!

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It got fixed at 9th of July for me. 2-3 hours before it got fixed, I had tried the 12v battery reset fix. I don’t really know if the battery reset was the reason that it got fixed or it was just a timing coincidence and it just happened that at that moment the servers were fixed.
Thanks. Mine is still broken. I will give them another 2 weeks and then, if I still can’t use it, as the tracker isn’t working either and my insurance demands it, then it’s time to sell. And maybe get something a little more reliable, maybe a Range Rover.

OP
OP
sotiris

sotiris

First Name
Sotiris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks. Mine is still broken. I will give them another 2 weeks and then, if I still can’t use it, as the tracker isn’t working either and my insurance demands it, then it’s time to sell. And maybe get something a little more reliable, maybe a Range Rover.
I’m sorry that your experience was not as good as it should be :/. Aside from this one time with the software getting bugged, in my 2 years of owning a Taycan, I’m VERY happy with the car. Since August 2020. I hope that you give it another chance, there are very few cars that could give you an experience close to Taycan imho.

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
I agree. Server side bs. Mine was "offline" from July 5 to 12, then back from 12 to 15, now offline again. Went for service in the meantime but they could not fix it (and it's one of the main Porsche dealer in my country, I counted 19 Taycan on premises that day whatever they were there for).

All they said - sadly - is to "delete" the account not deregister, as it might require the re-activation on Porsche side, and stubbornly keep trying to log in at intervals. Many times it won't work and you will have to use the car in guest mode, but eventually it should . it did for me and stayed online for a few days.

ps. if you don't delete the account from PCM, you will not have remote access to the car anyway (only the local PCM settings are preserved)

it is what it is (like Joe Pesci in the irishman)

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
I picked up my car at PEC LA on 21 July and wasn't able to login on the car. The login credentials took but I can't actually switch to my or my wife's users (something about not being able to activate the account). I'm stuck in guest mode currently. Could the current server issues be the cause?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Could be but sometimes activation can take a while. To be honest I wouldn't have taken delivery or accepted the car without this working correctly - part of the handover checklist.

Can you log into My Porsche website or App?

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
Yeah, unfortunately we had a whole trip planned around picking up the car. The app works, I can actually see the car’s charge and other stuff, just can’t switch the profile on the car.
Sponsored