Bulldog9

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1976 912E
Country flag
New to this forum, but long time Porsche Lover and owner ready to join the EV crowd.

I've had several Porsches over the years (944, 914, 928, 911) and settled on a 76 912E 12 years ago and haven't looked back

2 years ago I sold my long time BMW M3 coupe and bought a 2020 Mustang bullitt. It's a great car but really not a great daily driver. Fun but I'm over it. Neither is my 2017 Tundra TRD Pro. That is a keeper but with gas what it is, it's time.

The last week or two I've been weighing my future options and plan to retire in 2025. I'm hoping to buy a new car and keep it for at least 10 years post retirement.

Looking at the way things are going and being that I'm active duty Army and live in Kentucky and can purchase and register without sales tax, I've decided I'm going to go EV and the only EV I'm even remotely interested in is the Taycan Gran Turismo. Looks to be a perfect daily driver and multi use vehicle to offset my truck.

Still playing around with the configurator and planning on a base GT 4S in chalk with the 911 Carrera style rims and roof rack. KIS....

I'm still in the research phase and doing a lot of reading and learning so of course as I have with all of my other Auto and motorcycle interests decided to look up the forum.

Look forward to learning and exchanging notes with folks and hopefully be in a new Taycan next year this time. I'm very familiar with the mark and have been a Porsche club of America owner for years.

As I'm close to retirement, I want to have the car purchased and paid off before I retire with the hopes of being able to own and operate the car with low maintenance expenses for at least 10 years (70).

I am in absolute lust with the car, and have driven several trim levels of the sedan. The base is good for me. Performance wise.

Some eye candy of my lifetime car and love. Took these a couple weeks ago somewhere in Kentucky.
Porsche Taycan Potential Taycan Gran Turismo Owner IMG_20221106_143721332_HDR
Porsche Taycan Potential Taycan Gran Turismo Owner IMG_20221106_144453722
Porsche Taycan Potential Taycan Gran Turismo Owner IMG_20221106_144509668

HowDoYouChargeIt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 CT 4S
Country flag
Enjoy learning up on your future car and all the EV nuances. I certainly have. You said you are looking for a GT 4S, is that even announced? Or do you mean a CT 4S?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
New to this forum, but long time Porsche Lover and owner ready to join the EV crowd.

I've had several Porsches over the years (944, 914, 928, 911) and settled on a 76 912E 12 years ago and haven't looked back

2 years ago I sold my long time BMW M3 coupe and bought a 2020 Mustang bullitt. It's a great car but really not a great daily driver. Fun but I'm over it. Neither is my 2017 Tundra TRD Pro. That is a keeper but with gas what it is, it's time.

The last week or two I've been weighing my future options and plan to retire in 2025. I'm hoping to buy a new car and keep it for at least 10 years post retirement.

Looking at the way things are going and being that I'm active duty Army and live in Kentucky and can purchase and register without sales tax, I've decided I'm going to go EV and the only EV I'm even remotely interested in is the Taycan Gran Turismo. Looks to be a perfect daily driver and multi use vehicle to offset my truck.

Still playing around with the configurator and planning on a base GT 4S in chalk with the 911 Carrera style rims and roof rack. KIS....

I'm still in the research phase and doing a lot of reading and learning so of course as I have with all of my other Auto and motorcycle interests decided to look up the forum.

Look forward to learning and exchanging notes with folks and hopefully be in a new Taycan next year this time. I'm very familiar with the mark and have been a Porsche club of America owner for years.

As I'm close to retirement, I want to have the car purchased and paid off before I retire with the hopes of being able to own and operate the car with low maintenance expenses for at least 10 years (70).

I am in absolute lust with the car, and have driven several trim levels of the sedan. The base is good for me. Performance wise.

Some eye candy of my lifetime car and love. Took these a couple weeks ago somewhere in Kentucky.
IMG_20221106_143721332_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221106_144453722.jpg
IMG_20221106_144509668.jpg
Which model do you actually mean - GT doesn't exist?

GTS perhaps?

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Which model do you actually mean - GT doesn't exist?

GTS perhaps?
Looking at the thread title, I think Steve means CT / Cross Turismo.

Welcome to the forum Steve!

Reactions: B61

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Porsche's EV Gran Turismo, the Taycan, comes in various trims, such as the 4 Sport, turbo (plain or Sport), or the Gran Turismo Sport, sporting body options such as the Cross Turismo, the Sport Turismo or as a sporty sedan - all offering an unrivaled, sports-like grand touring experience.

OP
OP

Bulldog9

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1976 912E
Country flag
Yes, looking at the Cross Turismo trim.
Sponsored