ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
As I don't understand German and I haven't yet watched on a laptop with auto translated subtitles I can only detect his enthusiasm. But this is a 19min video where the drag race is only the first 4 min. Then he gets into a review for 15 min.

Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
based on the screen shot the Taycan overtakes the Tesla at about 155-160 km-ph - that's about 100 mph - until then the Tesla has a clear lead - after 100 mph the Taycan is clearly the superior from an acceleration point of view…I wonder how often one drives an does full acceleration after 100 mph…

see screen shot below and speed in the Tesla and the Taycan has not yet overtaken the Tesla…note 100 mph+ is felony speeding in most US jurisdictions…need to go to Germany more often.

Porsche Taycan Taycan 4S Review and Drag Race Against Tesla P85D - XADER Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 4.42.49 AM

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
These comparisons are all irrelevant if you look at daily driving. I mean it isn’t as if people should be doing 0-60 launches during their commute.
True, but it sure is fun to go that fast.

HigherLevel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Porsche Macan S, 2021 Taycan Turbo S (Jan 21)
Country flag
These comparisons are all irrelevant if you look at daily driving. I mean it isn’t as if people should be doing 0-60 launches during their commute.
Depends where you live. I live out in suburbia bordering rural. I do these -all the time- on my daily commute. Freeway on-ramps every time. On the way to golf course is 55 and 65mph highways with stoplights. Multiple 0-60 runs. It's honestly one of my favorite things about my Tesla M3P and I'm weighing the 4S vs Turbo vs Turbo S trims and whether the massive premium for each tenth is worth it.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Depends where you live. I live out in suburbia bordering rural. I do these -all the time- on my daily commute. Freeway on-ramps every time. On the way to golf course is 55 and 65mph highways with stoplights. Multiple 0-60 runs. It's honestly one of my favorite things about my Tesla M3P and I'm weighing the 4S vs Turbo vs Turbo S trims and whether the massive premium for each tenth is worth it.
I have the same question, also coming from previous Tesla's (P85D, MR RWD, and now my wife's model 3 performance). The dealers here have only one 4S that they want to sell, so they do not allow test drives in it. The fact that P85D and the 4S were close means to me there should not be much of a difference. Also Bjorn Nyland posted a 25 min driving the 4S and he kept pushing the throttle on the highway giggling all the way. He also has now a model 3 performance, so being impressed bodes well.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the same question, also coming from previous Tesla's (P85D, MR RWD, and now my wife's model 3 performance). The dealers here have only one 4S that they want to sell, so they do not allow test drives in it. The fact that P85D and the 4S were close means to me there should not be much of a difference. Also Bjorn Nyland posted a 25 min driving the 4S and he kept pushing the throttle on the highway giggling all the way. He also has now a model 3 performance, so being impressed bodes well.
I also meant to make that point. I get someone coming from an ICE being impressed and giggling, but someone coming from a performance Tesla?
I would have though the reaction was “yeah, this is EV performance”. Fun to watch and certainly more to the experience than punching it - driving the curves was fun.

Would have been good to know if his car had PDCC and or rear wheel steering.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I was on the Hockenheim race track with a Taycan Turbo S and forgot to do a launch control. These videos have no practical use.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
We shouldn’t? Errr, ummmmm, yeah I knew that. I am NOT doing that all the way to work and back. Nope, not me.

Apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
It’s not surprising to see the P85D pull ahead, as it has a 0-100 km/h time of either 3.4 sec (insane mode) or 3.0 (ludicrous mode). The Tesla’s awesome acceleration tapers off in higher speeds though, so the 4S eventually passing it, is to be expected. Didn’t really expect it to happen that quickly though.
Sponsored