Taycan 4s's Anticipated Lease Residuals and Money Factors?

mkerdman

First Name
Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, 2019 Mercedes-Benz E450 Wagon, 2011 BMW 528i
Country flag
What are the USA Quoted/Anticipated April-May delivery Taycan 4s's 36 Month/7,500 Miles Per Year Lease Residuals and Money Factors?

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
The residual for the T4S is capped at $65,790 with a 0.00320 money factor

Pjjameso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So new to leasing, have always bought with a loan and held the Porsche for 5 years or so. Low mileage current 2014 Panamera has 37k. Am I better off with a loan from USAA at 2.6% for 5 years or a lease from Porsche. Appreciate any guidance.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Leasing is the equivalent of setting the trade-in date and value of your car when you buy it. You can multiply the money factor by 2400 to get the APR, so that 0.00320 MF is 7.68%. If you are planning on owning more than 3 years, you will likely be way better off buying.

In general, Porsche leases are terrible, unless there's a special going on. Now if you can write off your lease, that's a different matter. But if you could do that, you wouldn't be asking. :)

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
it complicated. Given EVs are new Technology they Tend to depreciate rather rapidly also in the Bay Area HOV access is currently for 3 years and as the EVs are my commuter cars it is a loss either way a) 3 year lease pay as you go with no equity new HOV sticker b) buy the car and loss the same value in depreciation plus lose HOV access after 36 months on that car making it no longer good for your commutes.
if I didn’t live in a city and have an awful commute everyday I’d probably just buy a GT3 :)

Pjjameso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Leasing is the equivalent of setting the trade-in date and value of your car when you buy it. You can multiply the money factor by 2400 to get the APR, so that 0.00320 MF is 7.68%. If you are planning on owning more than 3 years, you will likely be way better off buying.

In general, Porsche leases are terrible, unless there's a special going on. Now if you can write off your lease, that's a different matter. But if you could do that, you wouldn't be asking. :)
Thank you kindly...Guess the next question is due to the rapid advance in battery technology is it better to set the residual value now and not worry about what's next In battery technology (solid state?) Btw I can't write off the lease so leaning towards the loan but open to others thoughts. Seems like a high interest rate from Porsche.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
One benefit to leasing in CA is that you only pay sales tax on the payments, not the entire purchase price, but given the terrible residuals and MF, and Porsche's MRM, I'll probably just buy.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You'll need to look at the total out of pocket for your car, given the numbers when it's delivered. Normally, I'd prefer a lease on an EV, because they have bad resale value, but if the residual already reflects that, it makes it harder to lock yourself in. And if your options raise the MSRP over what the MRM supports, then the lease gets even worse.

Pjjameso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
it complicated. Given EVs are new Technology they Tend to depreciate rather rapidly also in the Bay Area HOV access is currently for 3 years and as the EVs are my commuter cars it is a loss either way a) 3 year lease pay as you go with no equity new HOV sticker b) buy the car and loss the same value in depreciation plus lose HOV access after 36 months on that car making it no longer good for your commutes.
if I didn’t live in a city and have an awful commute everyday I’d probably just buy a GT3 :)
Too funny...bet the torque on the Taycan would be more fun than that of the GT3. BTW I'm an retired old fart who only goes to the track once or twice a year. Looking for blistering acelleration and a comfortable car for road trips. Not that does much for the lease vs buy decision but I only commute from my bedroom to the gym downstairs.... Amazon takes care of everything else

OP
OP

mkerdman

First Name
Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, 2019 Mercedes-Benz E450 Wagon, 2011 BMW 528i
Country flag
The residual for the T4S is capped at $65,790 with a 0.00320 money factor
Has anyone been able to get the Money Factor down to the "Buy Rate" of 0.00030 and/or the Residual above 52%?

PorscheSince15

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
porsche 911
Country flag
Hi -- just would like to clarify: why would you say if you can expense the lease, you wouldn't even be asking? I have my own company and CAN expense the lease, but if you can also buy, expense the interest rate and the depreciation which should be the same thing. So if I can get a significantly lower APR by buying, I should buy? Please clarify as I assume anyone expensing the lease is probably in the same scenario.
Sponsored