Taycan GTS to Audi RS e-tron GT

parkslopedope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 e-tron GT prestige, 08 911 Carerra S
Country flag
Its worst point is also it’s best point.
Looks like an A7. Nothing like as eye catching as Taycan but understated Q car, under the radar, less flash, less attention is a good thing too.

Just remember you can’t turn the artificial noise off in an Etron GT. Make sure you like it.
Enjoy.
Loving the value.
You can lease an Etron GT in Uk for £10,000 down and £800 a month.
(4 years)
Bargain compared with Taycan.
Looks are subjective but it really doesn’t look like the A7 at all, any more than a Taycan looks like a Panamera.

The e-tron is stunning in its own right and some would argue more than the Taycan. Of course spec, wheel and color play a major factor in all of the above.
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I liked the styling of the E-Tron GT and had a test drive.
It felt big, heavy and cumbersome to drive on the roads around here and didn't seem a good buy for me, particularly since it would be a sacrifice to not have a tailgate for our lifestyle.
When the Taycan CT came out I went to look at it to see if the rear was dog friendly, ended up with a test drive and was staggered to find it felt smaller nimbler and altogether better to drive. I ordered one and waited 17 months for it.
I much preferred the ergonomics of the Audi interior but in fact the Taycan interior looks nicer to me and it turns out I don't adjust the climate controls at all and the volume roller on the steering wheel is perfect so for my use the Taycan has turned out excellent.

Depreciation is a tough one.
I would argue that if you can't stomach depreciation better to stick to cars that are cheaper since they can't depreciate as much, but I can't think of a car spec I prefer to the one I have so I shall just keep it.

One problem is that we have recently had absurdly low interest rates, which has been dreadful for savers but has made many people a bit gung-ho and buying stuff they can't really afford. IMHO.

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Looks are subjective but it really doesn’t look like the A7 at all, any more than a Taycan looks like a Panamera.

The e-tron is stunning in its own right and some would argue more than the Taycan. Of course spec, wheel and color play a major factor in all of the above.
I drove an RS e-tron GT for more than a year. Agree with other comments here that it feels bigger, less nimble, with nondescript steering and not as good damping. Maybe a bit more comfortable than my GTS on long trips on good roads, but definitely not as precise and fun to drive.

Standard ergonomic thinking is that Audi A/C buttons are better than the Taycan touch screen, but I am not bothered by it. The screen's adaptability is a clear plus (which could have been exploited even more by Porsche). Materials and small detail design is much better in the Taycan in my opinion - partially because I have additional leather here and there. (I must mention the console lid, though.)

And the Sport Turismo practicality was decisive for me.

Looking forward to further comments from OP!

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS to Audi RS e-tron GT _DSC3493

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I was getting a Turbo but decided on an RS with all the options.
The Taycan is better car due to tighter steering, suspension and faster, sportier acceleration.
We are finding out that these are only separated by software tuning, other than the steering which I don't know enough about.

Taycan is a better car, but not for the price difference IMO.
The hardware of the GTS and RS are identical, other than steering that I can't comment on.

I've done 3 mods to make to it more like the Taycan
https://www.e-tronforum.com/threads/rs-e-tron-gt-finally-how-it-should-be.6770/#post-73164

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS to Audi RS e-tron GT 20221124_071404

Reactions: jcg

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
I had the fortune to test the GT e-tron and Taycan 4S back to back on the same loops; you see which I chose. For me it came down to a few minor details. The Audi physical HVAC controls are a plus and the overall layout was nearly the same as my RS5. I never liked the large plastic grill and hope that will improve with an update. The view out the Taycan and those front fenders just can't be beat. Funny enough, the location and shape of the Audi outer AC vents just didn't look right to me, and they stick out so far when the door is open. And yes, the Taycan's steering had much better feel and weighting to it.

Small things, for sure, but details make the experience.

Reactions: or1
OP
OP
jcg

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' BMW X5, 22' Taycan GTS
Country flag
Agree totally
The Taycan is better car due to tighter steering, suspension and faster, sportier acceleration.
We are finding out that these are only separated by software tuning, other than the steering which I don't know enough about.

The hardware of the GTS and RS are identical, other than steering that I can't comment on.

https://www.e-tronforum.com/threads/rs-e-tron-gt-finally-how-it-should-be.6770/#post-73164

20221124_071404.jpg
Thanks for your input. Look forward to assessing the differences once I have the RS in a couple of days!

Also agree with the value proposition for the Audi. The e-tron always catches a glance when I see one on the road. Like others have said, I like the back end better on the RS vs Taycan but the Taycan more from the front.

Not sure what to say about the recommendation to buy cheaper cars if you don’t like the deprecation. I have always been a car guy but get bored after few years - looking for a change. I’m sure I’m not alone on a car enthusiasts forum. Fortunately, I can afford to do so and hopefully can continue until I can’t drive anymore. I don’t look at cars as a positive financial investment but as a source of enjoyment. That doesn't mean that I don’t take deprecation into consideration.

OP
OP
jcg

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' BMW X5, 22' Taycan GTS
Country flag

20221124_071404.jpg
Btw beautiful car!

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Thanks for your input. Look forward to assessing the differences once I have the RS in a couple of days!

Also agree with the value proposition for the Audi. The e-tron always catches a glance when I see one on the road. Like others have said, I like the back end better on the RS vs Taycan but the Taycan more from the front.

Not sure what to say about the recommendation to buy cheaper cars if you don’t like the deprecation. I have always been a car guy but get bored after few years - looking for a change. I’m sure I’m not alone on a car enthusiasts forum. Fortunately, I can afford to do so and hopefully can continue until I can’t drive anymore. I don’t look at cars as a positive financial investment but as a source of enjoyment. That doesn't mean that I don’t take deprecation into consideration.
I'm in the camp of Taycan front, Etron GT rear.

I also agree these cars are not investments, but there is a degree of insult at times. Do I need to pay for folding mirrors on a $152k car that is the same as the $90k variant?

One big weakness I find on the Etron GT is the body roll. Its unnecessary
Lowering it 10mm helped this, but I would like to get your opinion on it after you had a change to drive it more
Sponsored