Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I got 5 minutes behind the wheel of a Turbo being delivered yesterday and my first impressions of this very short drive are:
1. It is the smoothest, best handling car I've ever driven, including my M5, Alpina B6 and all that preceded it.
2. Great sound with the Bose.
3. Very comfortable and wonderful driving position.
4. Thought it would be difficult to get in and out but wasn't.
5. The power curve is just plain intoxicating-and that was in Normal mode. Cant imagine what it'll be like in sport mode.
6. Brakes were fine but a bit spongy. Perhaps it's just a matter of getting used to them. They were not ceramic.
Things I didn't get to judge:
1. Back seat
2. Sport mode
3. HVAC
4. Shifting modes while underway
5, Charging
I will get a full immersive experience once my dealer in NJ gets its allocation in about a month and then I can submit my build and order it. Still don't know if European delivery will be an option for fall delivery.
I will report back...
Oh, and I can't wait to dig in deeper and actually own one.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I got 5 minutes behind the wheel of a Turbo being delivered yesterday and my first impressions of this very short drive are:
1. It is the smoothest, best handling car I've ever driven, including my M5, Alpina B6 and all that preceded it.
2. Great sound with the Bose.
3. Very comfortable and wonderful driving position.
4. Thought it would be difficult to get in and out but wasn't.
5. The power curve is just plain intoxicating-and that was in Normal mode. Cant imagine what it'll be like in sport mode.
6. Brakes were fine but a bit spongy. Perhaps it's just a matter of getting used to them. They were not ceramic.
Things I didn't get to judge:
1. Back seat
2. Sport mode
3. HVAC
4. Shifting modes while underway
5, Charging
I will get a full immersive experience once my dealer in NJ gets its allocation in about a month and then I can submit my build and order it. Still don't know if European delivery will be an option for fall delivery.
I will report back...
Oh, and I can't wait to dig in deeper and actually own one.
So you like it? First time driven an EV?

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I found it exhilarating without any drama. In the short time I was driving it seemed natural and uncannily responsive. I did drive a Tesla several years ago and found the acceleration amazing but was left cold with the rest of the car. Not so with the Taycan.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I choosed Burmeister but I has Bose too in my Porsche very happy with Bose but Burmeister is better. But I think its too much money but you only live once...

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I think nobody earnt Burmester if he's calling it Burmeister ... no matter how much money will be paid :bandit:
Sorry wrote the post 3 am in the night.. So my bad.. I have two cars with Burmester now,.. and yes I know how to spell it.. Thanks for the correction..

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Listen to Burmester Taycan yesterday, by far the best car Audio I ever heard.. I have had Burmester in my Macan and Panamera but this was so good.. Even my head and hair was moving by the sound pressure.. wow!!

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
The first travel of the pedal is just regenerative braking, the actual mechanical braking comes after that.
You can get 250+kW of regenerative braking in a Taycan...
Maybe that's what you feld...

tnikolov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Mine has Bose. I don't like it much. Feels quiet, although in an electric car and also my Audible books don't sound good at all.