Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The fix date on my 4S slipped from 1/31 to 2/15 with delivery moving from 5/22 to 5/29. Pray it doesn’t slip any further.
Sponsored

Woodie4s

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S bmw i3
Country flag
Hello,
thanks a lot for taking the time to write the review and upload the pictures. Quite an impressive verdict!
Regarding your question whether to buy or lease - that is a good one. Of course battery technology will get better and a Taycan from 2023 will be better than today's. The interesting question is, in what respect?

Not much improvement I would expect here:
  • Electronics, electric motors, cables, inverters etc are all already pretty damn good. Technology to deal with electricity has been around long enough :). Maybe an inverter will be lighter and cheaper. But I would not expect much progress here.
  • Neither will the interior be much better, regarding materials, workmanship, overall quality. There could be new interior designs.
Much improvement I would expect here:
  • Software. Faster, better UI, more functionality, more ease of use. However, with a bit of luck you will get it as updates.
  • Autonomous driving. Here, it depends on two areas: Does it have enough and good enough sensors already? Retrofitting will be a pain or next to impossible. And does it have enough processing power? My guess would be that it does not have enough sensors and not enough processing power by far.
  • Battery technology. A 2023 Taycan should have a battery with 20% more capacity (wild guess, surely, there are better estimates out there), and other nifty battery improvements.
So the questions are:
  1. Is the current range good enough for you or would you really want more?
  2. How important is autonomous driving for you?
If the answers are "really want more" and "very important", then I would likely lease. I think you will be able to upgrade the battery relatively easily (it is built that way, and there were documentations where Porsche people said that even individual modules in the battery can be exchanged relatively easily), but of course for a lot of money.

If you think you'll mostly want to drive the car yourself, not itself, and that the range should be good enough anyway, then the question of buying vs leasing becomes less one-sided. I'd probably buy, but that is more of a personal preference (I bought all my cars in my life except for one).

Cheers
Henrik
I agree with to comments above, and I think porsche buyers are less likely to want self driving than other brands (driving’s why we chose a Taycan ).

the other factor is demand in the second hand market. My view us that lease companies are risk adverse and work on lower residuals than will be achieved in a few years. Demand will pick up faster than supply for sure, and few people who can afford a 3 year old Taycan will instead buy a new one- the price gap always endures a second hand market, unless Porsche drops the price ( unlikely)
I’m buying ( hire purchase with balloon ) as I think overall it will be cheaper, and way less risky with a Porsche badge than a ‘Tesla’ ( not knocking Tesla and I hope they continue to do very well - have a M3 on fleet )

I guess it depends how you consider risk

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
Finally got my build date fixed. Taycan Turbo. Definitely later than I had hoped, but in calling/emailing around there weren't any earlier Turbo allocations from SF Bay area dealers.

Expected Date
V200Delivery date determined 01/23/2020
V250Vehicle fixed04/03/2020
V260Vehicle entry to body shop (CP 0.0)04/10/2020
V270Vehicle exit production (CP 7.8)05/08/2020
V300Vehicle completion (CP 8.0)05/08/2020
V331Entry port Emden05/08/2020
V332Exit port Emden05/29/2020
U014Entry Port Benicia06/26/2020
NA10PDI in
NA19PDI finished
V810Release for transport
U015Exit Port Benicia07/10/2020
O400Dealer invoiced
V900Dealer Inventory07/10/2020

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
I've been pushing my dealer for a commission number but have been unsuccessful, my latest email to them gave this response(ordered last monday, have yet to charge my deposit):

"

Again, I understand your concern and can speak with you later today to discuss this further. Your build code, the one In which you provided us, is the confirmation/commission number that is associated with the allocation.

I will need to gain further information from my Porsche manufacturer representative to clear up the delay, and provide you with the information you request."

My understanding is the commission/allocation number exists BEFORE they submit the order, and they just tie my build to it. So should there be another number they can provide me aside from just my build number? I'm getting concerned the April delivery they promised was junk and they don't even have an allocation.

MTM2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo, '19 Cayenne Turbo
Country flag
Placed a last minute order on Jan 20 for reported first week of April delivery on a turbo. Was supposed to lock before that date, but still allowed dealer to make changes. Hadn’t heard from anyone about my deposit and contacted the manager. The original guy who took my deposit left and I think they forgot about me.

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I got my schedule from dealer yesterday for a Turbo. Using the 'planned' column since I want to be optimistic . . . Locks 2/7 for 4/17 delivery. Seems like I must have gotten lucky because I just walked into a dealer and was able to order this a few weeks ago. Never put down a deposit to get on any wait list.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got my schedule from dealer yesterday for a Turbo. Using the 'planned' column since I want to be optimistic . . . Locks 2/7 for 4/17 delivery. Seems like I must have gotten lucky because I just walked into a dealer and was able to order this a few weeks ago. Never put down a deposit to get on any wait list.
Congrats!
My guess is that the car has less demand than car-crazy california. I checked with multiple dealers here and when I said I was ready to buy, give them money for a non-refundable deposit, they all said 12-18 months...if I am lucky. I even tried a dealer that was about 100 miles away and got the same answer.
Fortunately, I had a reservation at a dealer much further away came through.

Andyamg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera/Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Went from 4/24 delivery to 6/5
Just got the update today from my dealer on the 4S.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? DED2ADE5-23D5-4856-A949-948C7B59526C

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
What is strange about your vehicle schedule @Andyamg is that it goes into the body shop March 6th but doesn’t exit production till March 27th.

That seems odd as they would be storing your painted chassis for nearly 3 weeks as build normally takes just 24 hours end to end.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
probably means they re doing batch painting and then also batch optioning as well meaning running turbo s, turbo and 4s runs......

Cjohnston2805

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Order being placed for a 4s today, been told that delivery will be between September and December. Going to be a long wait

Squarecircle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s +
Country flag
My local dealer said that Porsche are having issues at the Taycan factory with the paint process and the cars are having to go to other factories to be painted. This is what is delaying the delivery schedule.

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
Turns out I was right a out Bakersfield Porsche. The salesperson was screwing around and didn't have the slot he promised. I had to speak to his manager to get these details.
Ended up going to a different dealer.
Sponsored