Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It is strange there is not an updated schedule on PWL.de.

The current schedule has this note:
*Closing Emden: 2 Werktage vor Schiffsabfahrt bis 16h!
(* Closing Emden: 2 working days before departure until 16h!)
i don't understand what that means, especially the reference to 16h (4 o'clock, I assume). May mean that you need to load the ship 2 days before departure by 16h? Any other ideas? It isn't as if they said closing for next 14 days or until 4/10 or something like that.

But as you said, without a new schedule (last update was 3/5) just may have no ships for VW going out or they haven't been scheduled yet.
Sponsored

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
What a mess. I wonder how many orders are getting cancelled. It's starting to look like it makes more sense to cancel your order and put a new order in after the smoke clears and they add some rev 2 features to the car.
My car is also coming to Boston, must have been scheduled to be on the same ship, because I was also early May delivery. I haven't checked on an update, assume it didn't get finished before the shutdown. I don't know what to do about the car, this situation has definitely had an impact on my finances, but really doesn't matter in the context of the car . . . bigger issue is I just don't feel like buying a super expensive unnecessary car anymore.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My car is also coming to Boston, must have been scheduled to be on the same ship, because I was also early May delivery. I haven't checked on an update, assume it didn't get finished before the shutdown. I don't know what to do about the car, this situation has definitely had an impact on my finances, but really doesn't matter in the context of the car . . . bigger issue is I just don't feel like buying a super expensive unnecessary car anymore.
Yah. Did you buy from Herb Chambers?

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I feel you. I’ve got a Taycan on order and a 911 sitting in my garage that I’ve barely driven over the last 4 weeks. Granted, we won’t live in lockdown forever, but I’m also considering taking my company 100% remote for the future and ditching our expensive downtown office lease. No commute and little driving and I’m not sure it’s worth it - still evaluating the situation but may cancel and then reorder later.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
What a mess. I wonder how many orders are getting cancelled. It's starting to look like it makes more sense to cancel your order and put a new order in after the smoke clears and they add some rev 2 features to the car.
If you cancel, you'll start again at the back of a 30,000 person line...

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
My estimated timeline for production and delivery shows almost a month delay when compared to the original planned dates. Considering the plant closures, I am afraid it will be longer still.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? F371411E-B982-437F-9181-098A0E1ED77C

Larry Martin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1960 Roadster
Country flag
As posted previously my Taycan was pushed back to beginning of June (before the announcement of production stop). So, I called with my dealer to shift my order to Jan 2021. With this “new” order I could change and take the 22 KW charger option. With the Corona situation in Germany and all over the world any deliveries this year will be in limbo.

(I hope everybody on this forum is okay!)
Any problem getting your delivery moved back to 2021?

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Don't give up hope......hang in there.
Until a date lands in that last column you really don't know.
My experience is.....team Porsche likes to under promise, over deliver.
Your website is really cool. I always appreciate people who have such a passion for driving and for cars. Thanks for sharing.

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
The paint is curing....

From my dealer; "It should be leaving the production floor by the end of this month. As you may have seen, COVID-19 did close your factory delaying the completion on your Porsche. It has been painted and is awaiting the final assembly before it is shipped with a new arrival date slated on 7/3/2020."

The delivery date has not changed from the last communication a couple of months ago. Entry Port of Emden was May 1st, exit Port of Emden was May 22nd.

We'll see if it makes the boat...

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The paint is curing....

From my dealer; "It should be leaving the production floor by the end of this month. As you may have seen, COVID-19 did close your factory delaying the completion on your Porsche. It has been painted and is awaiting the final assembly before it is shipped with a new arrival date slated on 7/3/2020."

The delivery date has not changed from the last communication a couple of months ago. Entry Port of Emden was May 1st, exit Port of Emden was May 22nd.

We'll see if it makes the boat...
Did they tell you what your vcode is?

My car started production, then after 12 days stopped and then put in storage. I wonder if I am in a similar situation where it was only painted and waiting for final production.

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
Did they tell you what your vcode is?

My car started production, then after 12 days stopped and then put in storage. I wonder if I am in a similar situation where it was only painted and waiting for final production.
No V code, its been like pulling my rep's teeth to get anything out of him. Last tooth pulled he let me know my V codes. My V260, entry into body shop, had been scheduled for April 3rd, three days before they shut the factory down. I'm not sure how he knows its been painted, but will try another tooth.

So maybe both our cars are on the production line, waiting to be assembled. Your V260?

Last edited: