Taycan Wheel Spacers - 15mm front / 10mm rear

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My car is at the custom shop getting windows tinted and clear bra installed. He wants to add wheel spacers - 15mm for front and 10mm in rear. Any reason NOT to do it on the Taycan (depending on how much he'll charge). They do add a little aggressiveness to the look of the car but want to make sure no downside to doing it - handling, driver assist systems, etc. Thoughts?

Update:

I ended up passing on the spacers. But here are 2 pics showing what they look like installed. On the split photo the right side shows the rims with spacers installed and left side is stock. So I just did the window tinting and PPF (Suntek Ultra).

Porsche Taycan Taycan Wheel Spacers - 15mm front / 10mm rear image-1-

Porsche Taycan Taycan Wheel Spacers - 15mm front / 10mm rear img_5396-jpe

Last edited by a moderator:

JayGT4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You should be fine with 10-15mm wheel spacers. Since you're increasing the front and rear track width by about the same, you shouldn't notice any difference in handling, unless you're pushing the limits on a track. And even then probably only expert track drivers would be able to tell the difference.

But make sure they're using hubcentric spacers and a good quality brand. The bolts will be longer to accomodate the spacers, so theoretically they'll have more stress on them compared to factory length bolts. So you want a high quality brand (and material) to ensure they don't shear off. And hubcentric spacers (no use of centering rings) will ensure a tight proper fit to prevent vibrations.

Post pics after install, I'd love to see how it looks on the Taycan!

OP
OP
HelfFL

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks @JayGT4 - will not be taking her to the track. Installer said they are ECS Tuning hub centric machined spacers. Not sure it's worth the bang for the buck.

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
15/10 should be great! That would provide a very noticeable change in the stance of the car. I would love to see this.

Performance? Very very subtle changes. Some handling academics may say that there's a change position of the wheel/tire in relation to the finely tuned Porsche suspension (etc etc) but as @JayGT4 said above, 99% of us would be hard-pressed to notice a difference.

Driver assist? No problems.

Looks? Awesome!

Bang for the buck? Excellent, IMO. Those spacers should be about $120 a pair.

OP
OP
HelfFL

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sorry to disappoint you @Chowster but I ended up passing on the spacers. But here are 2 pics showing what they look like installed. On the split photo the right side shows the rims with spacers installed and left side is stock. So I just did the window tinting and PPF (Suntek Ultra).

Porsche Taycan Taycan Wheel Spacers - 15mm front / 10mm rear Image-1

Porsche Taycan Taycan Wheel Spacers - 15mm front / 10mm rear IMG_5396

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Sorry to disappoint you @Chowster but I ended up passing on the spacers. But here are 2 pics showing what they look like installed. On the split photo the right side shows the rims with spacers installed and left side is stock. So I just did the window tinting and PPF (Suntek Ultra).

Image-1.jpg

IMG_5396.jpeg
Thanks so much for the photos. I guess there wasn't any driving done with the spacers on to test for rubbing and clearance? The front looks a bit too much.... maybe 10mm on both front and rear might be the way to go for me.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Re: Spacers:

If you drive on gravel or dirt roads, or drive in winter on sanded roads, the tires will throw more abrasive grit up onto the body panels because you are now out beyond the fenders.

This will be especially noticeable just forward of the rear fenders.

Kevin2dx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 McLaren 720S
Country flag
Bumping this up to see if anyone has done this to their car yet and which brand? I'm interested myself

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Re: Spacers:

If you drive on gravel or dirt roads, or drive in winter on sanded roads, the tires will throw more abrasive grit up onto the body panels because you are now out beyond the fenders.

This will be especially noticeable just forward of the rear fenders.
Besides, you increase the stress on the wheel bearings.
You deliberately go into offset.
Well, it's his car, his wear.
One shouldn't change wheel geometry, especially on a Porsche.
They know what they're doing, tuning clubs don't, obviously.
What one should do is take wheels with a higher ET-value which will also result in wider tires...
Just my €0,02. :)

Last edited:

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Besides, you increase the stress on the wheel bearings.
You deliberately go into offset.
Well, it's his car, his wear.
One shouldn't change wheel geometry, especially on a Porsche.
They know what they're doing, tuning clubs don't, obviously.
What one should do is take wheels with a higher ET-value which will also result in wider tires...
Just my €0,02. :)
I've used spacers on almost every car that I've owned at some point. Including my tracked M3. In fact, Porsche also makes wheel spacers for their cars.

https://www.getporscheparts.com/oem...5804450000?c=bD0xJm49RHluYW1pYyBTRU8gUGFnZQ==

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I've used spacers on almost every car that I've owned at some point. Including my tracked M3. In fact, Porsche also makes wheel spacers for their cars.

https://www.getporscheparts.com/oem-parts/porsche-wheel-spacers-95804450000?c=bD0xJm49RHluYW1pYyBTRU8gUGFnZQ==
You completely missed the point why Porsche makes wheel spacers.
It's to accommodate wider wheels on some models, exactly like I mentioned before, to compensate the offset.
Porsches don't drive offset and never will, not even for racing applications.
If I'm not mistaken, you are the dude that lowered a Macan, right?
Well, nuff said... :) :) :)

Last edited:

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You completely missed the point why Porsche makes wheel spacers.
It's to accommodate wider wheels on some models, exactly like I mentioned before, to compensate the offset.
Porsches don't drive offset and never will, not even for racing applications.
If I'm not mistaken, you are the dude that lowered a Macan, right?
Well, nuff said... :) :) :)
I lower all my cars...nuff said ;) I leave nothing stock. You should see my wife's Cabriolet. I fully plan on going as apeshit as I can with my Taycan (within warranty voiding). Sorry, I'm not utterly boring...haha.

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bumping this up to see if anyone has done this to their car yet and which brand? I'm interested myself
Always stick with H&R, they've been doing this for decades.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I lower all my cars...nuff said ;) I leave nothing stock. You should see my wife's Cabriolet. I fully plan on going as apeshit as I can with my Taycan (within warranty voiding). Sorry, I'm not utterly boring...haha.
I was wondering if you had a comeback on my spacer statement, obviously not, thank you.

Any idea why it is part of a warranty?
Maybe?
No need to answer that btw.
You're just acknowledging my statements by your replies.
Also, Porsches aren't "utterly boring" by design in the first place, lol!
You are one funny dude, that's for sure! :)

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was wondering if you had a comeback on my spacer statement, obviously not, thank you.

Any idea why it is part of a warranty?
Maybe?
No need to answer that btw.
You're just acknowledging my statements by your replies.
Also, Porsches aren't "utterly boring" by design in the first place, lol!
You are one funny dude, that's for sure! :)
I'm taking it you're of a certain elderly age, and that's ok. Old guys usually have that "it's different and I'm scared" mentality. Good day to you, sir. I also have my current Porsche's ECU flashed as I never tend to "settle" for anything. I suppose at your point in life, it's nice to just let things be...but, while I still have the energy to work on my cars and tailor them to how I want them...I'll do it. Funny that my argument is to "do what you want to your car" and yours is quite authoritarian. Have fun with that.
Sponsored