UK, free charging deal or just access to chargers

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Hi,

does anyone know what the deal is with new deliveries regarding free charging? Do we get free charging for three years like the us or is it just free access to the charging network but you still have to pay per kw?
Sponsored

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
OP
OP
jetbox

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Thanks. And is that access to Ionity only at that price or to others too. If its ionity we need to drive to Gretna for the nearest.

it seems a bit unclear on what the deal is in the UK

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag

Russmrh

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
Thanks. And is that access to Ionity only at that price or to others too. If its ionity we need to drive to Gretna for the nearest.

i have only used 4 charging points so far, I try and drop in on a different one every drive to work it out so when I really need to use it on low battery I won’t be stressed! None have worked with the Porsche app or card that I subscribed to. But all we’re about 33p per KW anyway. 1 I had to sign up to their app, 3 swipe a credit card. All worked fine.
I hope that helps!
I have ZapMap to filter and find charging 50kw or higher with Taycan compatible connectors.

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S ordered, LR Discovery, i8, Macan
Country flag

My current closest Ionity is Gretna which is over an hour away! I've actually never actually seen it in use. Always quiet.

The good news for me is there's a new IONITY being commissioned just outside Glasgow so will be more convenient.

Having said that, in Scotland, most Charge Place Scotland chargers (there are lots) are free to use.
Sponsored