used car buying guide?

nethawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cupra Formentor VZ
Country flag
Hi !!

Is there any used car buying guide? Anything any future owner of a used Taycan should check before going preowned?

Is there any significant software or hardware improvement just available from a certain date? I'm considering buying a 11/2020 4S Sedan which have a significant discount from new 156k€ to 98k€ with just 17.000Km on the clock, but I'm a bit concerned of being a very early unit.

Thanks!
Sponsored

UserNameRequired

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Tesla Model 3/X
Country flag
Well, I bought a late model 2020 which gives me 4 years left on the warranty (orig + CPO). I went this way because it seems like the depreciation on this car is pretty high - going 2020 meant that most of the depreciation was already squeezed out (sticker was originally 219k, I got it for 100k less). It appears the only thing I am missing over new is Plug-and-Charge and I can get that if I *really* want it (I am waiting to see how the whole NACS thing shakes out.) There are anecdotal stories about the PCM being slower, but I am not sure there's hard evidence of that. If these are the main changes, I'm certainly willing to save the cash and spend it on the vNext.

Just my thought.

Austintin

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2014
Country flag
For a used Taycan, I'd recommend checking the service history, ensuring all software updates are applied, and verifying the battery health. This site https://www.autobuyersmarket.com/ has a few article which are really helpful to buy a used one.
Porsche might have released improvements over time, so it's worth checking if there are any notable changes after the 11/2020 date.

Last edited:

MAPC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2023.5 Defender, 2019 X1
Country flag
Hi !!

Is there any used car buying guide? Anything any future owner of a used Taycan should check before going preowned?

Is there any significant software or hardware improvement just available from a certain date? I'm considering buying a 11/2020 4S Sedan which have a significant discount from new 156k€ to 98k€ with just 17.000Km on the clock, but I'm a bit concerned of being a very early unit.

Thanks!
I guess resale prices are higher in EMEA than in the US. A 2020 here sells for about 50% MSRP (private sale) to 60% MSRP (dealer sale).

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Hi !!

Thanks!
recently published https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-buying-guides/porsche-taycan-ph-used-buying-guide/48065
Sponsored