• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupé Hybrid / 21 Taycan 4s perf.batt.plus
Country flag
I met the yellow one last weekend in the south of France near Grasse; the car is wonderful in person,... much, much better than in the photo,... it seems bigger and is very sporty!!!

julianm

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 Boxster GTS 4.0, Polestar 2
Country flag
Thanks for compiling all these. I’m seeing very few appearances of Turbonite accents on the Turbo models that were reviewed, hmmm.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
First post updated, deduplicated and cleaned up a little bit.
Still going through all the reviews, so far, loving what I see! :clap:
So many choices.. not sure which of the "yellow" reviews to watch.. or maybe I'll keep it simple and go for the "lavender", no conflicts there.

OP
OP
tmrqs

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
So many choices.. not sure which of the "yellow" reviews to watch.. or maybe I'll keep it simple and go for the "lavender", no conflicts there.
I found Car Wow, Savage Geese and Auto Gefühl to be among the most interesting ones.
Out Of Spec (review, not podcast) was fine - but need to watch it in 2x, overly long otherwise.

Others are a bit of a joke, like Electrifying or GadgetsBoy.

markh1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y Performance
Country flag
Is the yellow color PTS or available in non-US markets? Seems odd to have press cars in colors that aren't available in the configurator?

OP
OP
tmrqs

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is the yellow color PTS or available in non-US markets? Seems odd to have press cars in colors that aren't available in the configurator?
Checked on a few configurators and none offered PTS… truly odd.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I found Car Wow, Savage Geese and Auto Gefühl to be among the most interesting ones.
Out Of Spec (review, not podcast) was fine - but need to watch it in 2x, overly long otherwise.
Nope, yep, yep, fuckno.
I do quite like Tom Ford with TopGear (and his writing is even better than the filmed stuff).

(Went with the yellow review; stunning color, suits the car very well. Wouldn’t be caught dead near one, mind you, but I’m glad it exists.)

Bennie

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST RWD, MINI Cooper S, Harley Davidson FLDE
Country flag
Thanks for listing all the driving tests. Too bad that it mainly tested the Macan turbo and hardly the Macan 4. Only 'Out of Specs' and 'Edmunds' pay sufficient attention to the 4. Because I have a 4 on order, I would have liked more information about it.

It also doesn't help that a Dutch journalist remarks in the report he wrote of the driving test that the 4 "doesn't really give a Porsche feeling" and "it just lacks the sharpness and depth we had hoped for".

In the driving test itself here below he talks with a sour face about remote steering, not sparkling and not really what you expect from a Porsche. But in the end: for € 88K you can get a SUV with real Porsche genes 😬

A more extensive driving test of the 4 is more then welcome.

Last edited:

PorscheManiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3 - Porsche Cayenne Turbo - BMW 320d
Country flag
Another must see driving review with a deep dive in all key technical specs.
Top level !

is also in German, but you can activate the subtitles with auto translation in English.

OP
OP
tmrqs

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for listing all the driving tests. Too bad that it mainly tested the Macan turbo and hardly the Macan 4. Only 'Out of Specs' and 'Edmunds' pay sufficient attention to the 4. Because I have a 4 on order, I would have liked more information about it.

It also doesn't help that a Dutch journalist remarks in the report he wrote of the driving test that the 4 "doesn't really give a Porsche feeling" and "it just lacks the sharpness and depth we had hoped for".

In the driving test itself here below he talks with a sour face about remote steering, not sparkling and not really what you expect from a Porsche. But in the end: for € 88K you can get a SUV with real Porsche genes 😬

A more extensive driving test of the 4 is more then welcome.
Thomas from Auto Gefühl did actually recommend the base 4 for most people, in case you didn’t get to see his review.

Bennie

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST RWD, MINI Cooper S, Harley Davidson FLDE
Country flag
Thomas from Auto Gefühl did actually recommend the base 4 for most people, in case you didn’t get to see his review.
Thanks, I saw his review. The driving test itself was again with a turbo. That's what Kyle and Edmunds did better.