Can not get charging profile/time to work, please help.

rjdoc74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT, Tesla MX P100D
Country flag
I've had my 2023 CT for over a year. I charge at home with Tesla wall connector (also have Tesla in the family). Maybe I am an idiot, but I just CAN NOT get the charging schedule to work. At all. I read the manual and searched the forms. I set a single profile to charge to 85% and finish charging at 6:30 am. When I plug the car in, it says "charging delayed" but it never starts. I wake up in the middle of the night to check- car not charging, so I have to manually start direct charging from my phone. When I do that, sometimes it charges to 100% which I do not want. I have tried deleting profiles, setting times, using both, using profile only. Nothing. Could someone be so kind as to share they exact set up where the car is done charging by early am at 85%? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I set a single profile to charge to 85% and finish charging at 6:30 am. When I plug the car in, it says "charging delayed" but it never starts.
Can you post your exact settings (screenshot from the app)?

I wake up in the middle of the night to check- car not charging, so I have to manually start direct charging from my phone. When I do that, sometimes it charges to 100% which I do not want.
Direct charging is exactly that - it'll stop at 100%; the fact that it only happens "sometimes" (from midnight) means the charging speed is very low, or your EVSE is not providing current (<- hint to check your EVSE's settings).

Try searching the forums (use the goog button, or navigate by section); we've possibly talked more about that around here than anything else (well, okay, maybe not "criticize my build code" but gotta be close).

enzo5000

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S CT, BMW E60 M5, BMW R1250GSA
Country flag
Can you post your exact settings (screenshot from the app)?

Direct charging is exactly that - it'll stop at 100%; the fact that it only happens "sometimes" (from midnight) means the charging speed is very low, or your EVSE is not providing current (<- hint to check your EVSE's settings).

Try searching the forums (use the goog button, or navigate by section); we've possibly talked more about that around here than anything else (well, okay, maybe not "criticize my build code" but gotta be close).
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/where-do-i-set-home-charge-to-85.19443/#post-299639

castadream

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've had my 2023 CT for over a year. I charge at home with Tesla wall connector (also have Tesla in the family). Maybe I am an idiot, but I just CAN NOT get the charging schedule to work. At all. I read the manual and searched the forms. I set a single profile to charge to 85% and finish charging at 6:30 am. When I plug the car in, it says "charging delayed" but it never starts. I wake up in the middle of the night to check- car not charging, so I have to manually start direct charging from my phone. When I do that, sometimes it charges to 100% which I do not want. I have tried deleting profiles, setting times, using both, using profile only. Nothing. Could someone be so kind as to share they exact set up where the car is done charging by early am at 85%? Thanks in advance.
What’s your profiles? Perhaps restricted to a charging period outside of what you want.
Sponsored