Tambrose

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I had changed the max speed in Range Mode from 55MPH to 85MPH. I have had it this way for 2+ years.

Yesterday, I put it in Range Mode for a longer freeway drive and hit the speed limiter at 55MPH. I quickly switched to Normal as 55 is far too slow for freeways in Southern CA!

When I got to my destination, I tried to change the max speed again, but I can't find the setting. I looked it up in the online manual and found that the menu is not where the manual states.

Car icon -> Drive -> ... (bottom right) -> Range Mode settings

But there is no menu for Range Mode settings, only Vehicle Settings...and it isn't under there.

Am I missing something? Was there a change? Do have this menu in your car?

Thanks
Sponsored

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just checked my MY 22. PCM home...Vehicle...Drive.... <. . .> and Range mode drive configuration is there, although there was a couple seconds delay for it to appear the first time I tried it.
Works like PCM Simulator shows.

If you can't find it, try it with no active destination in Nav. In some situations, an active destination in nav when parked can foul things up.

And then there is always the-turn-off-car,-lock-doors, -and-walk-away-with-fob-for-10-minutes-to-overnight reset, which can fix many things.

Alfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST
Country flag
I think this is a bug where after an update not all settings were migrated properly. I had the same issue after the last update where the car would break to slow down hard to 55Mph with the limiter (what a blooper). When I checked the Range Menu later it was still set to 80Mph, and now that after I checked it it seems to work normally again.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
In drive, tap the 3 dots in the right lower corner. Range mode setting moved there.

OP
OP

Tambrose

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thanks for all of the feedback. Today, the setting was back to what I had set (85MPH) and the menu was back.

It was interesting that it worked fine on Thurs morning (7a) and afternoon (3:30p). Then it was at 55MPH and the menu option wasn't there at 5:15p. That was the same after golf at 7:30p, after dinner at 8:45p, the next morning and afternoon. Between all of those times, the car was off and locked for much more than 10 minutes.

Strange.....

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
Strange.....
Seems pretty obvious to me.

A very safety-minded ghost took a joyride in your car. You surprised them by taking it to play golf before they were finished, so they had to hide in the back seat. Then they got distracted for a while and only got around to covering their tracks a day later.

Loltheinternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Range Rover L405, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I had this exact same issue happen this last week.

For the last year: 85mph range mode setting, no issues
Thursday: Down to 65mph limiter, no setting available to change (I've changed it before, so know where it was - it was no longer there)
Saturday: did a "two finger" reboot (into engineering mode, then "Reboot"). Then it was back to 85mph and the setting to change it is now back.

Very strange.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
My 2022 RWD had the same behavior on a road trip a couple of weeks ago - plus I couldn't charge for free at EA. I drove from home to Las Vegas on September 4 and all was well (80 MPH max in Range Mode). On September 8 as I was driving back home, I put the car in Range Mode and the top speed was only 55 MPH. Puzzling.

I stopped at the Electrify America station in Kingman AZ. The charger didn't recognize my car even though Plug and Charge was checked, so I paid with a credit card :mad:. Drove home and parked in my garage. The next morning, without me doing anything, Range Mode was back up to 80 MPH and I was able to charge at the EA station nearest my home.

Very puzzling. And I'm still waiting for the OTA update Porsche emailed me on August 31.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
One thing the replies here show is that when you see unusual behavior in Taycan PCM, you are never the only one.
Sponsored