Cross Turismo arch removal and side skirts

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Ok. So I can’t afford a ST (Canadian prices are very skewed). But I need the CT for space.

I’d like to remove the cladding (via methods on this forum). However the CT in question does not have the ORDP. If the arches were removed, it seems there would be a slight step where the metal underneath meets the side skirts.

in theory, would adding the sport design skirts (or any other designed for the sedan) remedy this?
Sponsored

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
i would recommend just leave them on. It saved me from expensive repainting cost when i was hit by a tourist. I know that my case may not be common but i am pretty sure that you will regret it when your arch/fender does get scratched or curbed, or whatever. Save the hassle for dealing with curbed rims!! hahaha.

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
Another option is to buy the arch cladding of a Cross Turismo Turbo S part which comes in a paintable texture and install them after having them painted body color.

The Turbo S CT comes with high gloss black arch cladding as standard., and the replacement part is a smooth paintable texture.

OP
OP

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Well I’m still shopping around (for a CT). It’s really colour dependent. Don’t mind them so much on the darker or metallic colours, but on white it just stands out too much for my liking. I’ve seen the painted ones, but can’t get over the line of the arch which is still there.

Seems like removing the plastic and swapping the skirts would be simple…but I know things are never as easy as they appear

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Search this forum. It's been done and I've seen posts with pictures on it. IIRC the fenders underneath were even already painted, the only issue was a couple of alignment holes which got exposed after removing the arches (which are held by double sided sticky tape). Someone filled those holes with some color matched plugs they found online.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
OP
OP

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Here’s my original thread on this. https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/removed-arches-on-cross-turismo-w-ordp-photos.9018/

A couple examples:
Trevor_Ryan-1121.jpeg

IMG_1249.jpeg

I’ve seen examples without the ORDP and the arches removed and the step on the lower plastic is not that obvious (there may be pics buried in the thread above). You’ll also want to avoid having surround view as it leaves larger holes in the front bumper for the extra park distance sensors.
Yes those are the examples I’ve seen (great job!) but both have the ORDP, which helps with that lower plastic bit….which is why I was asking about cars without it. I guess I could go one step at a time, remove the arches and see what I’m dealing with. Do you know if there’s just a single hole/plug required, or is there another hole or two exposed without the ORDP? Thanks :clap:

OP
OP

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Oh and with the surround view sensor this is basically a lost cause? I think one of the cars I’m eying does have it

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Yes those are the examples I’ve seen (great job!) but both have the ORDP, which helps with that lower plastic bit….which is why I was asking about cars without it. I guess I could go one step at a time, remove the arches and see what I’m dealing with. Do you know if there’s just a single hole/plug required, or is there another hole or two exposed without the ORDP? Thanks :clap:
Yeah, it’s covered in the linked thread. Without ORDP there will be 3 holes visible on each front corner and one hole in the rear bumper.

Oh and with the surround view sensor this is basically a lost cause? I think one of the cars I’m eying does have it
Yeah. Someone checked and it’s not just a hole the size of the sensor, it’s larger. At that point painting or wrapping the arches is probably your best option.

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, Rapide S, Mc GT, ID.5
Country flag
I don't love them but they saved a rear wing respray when I grazed a gnarly wall once. I replaced the plastic for £43 rather than respray for £500! TBH I don't even notice them on Gentian Blue any more.
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo arch removal and side skirts morfa dogs 2021-12-28 15.34.29

OP
OP

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I don't love them but they saved a rear wing respray when I grazed a gnarly wall once. I replaced the plastic for £43 rather than respray for £500! TBH I don't even notice them on Gentian Blue any more.
morfa dogs 2021-12-28 15.34.29.jpg
Yes on gentian, black, or mamba they look decent enough. But on lighter colours not so much (to me anyways)