andrew1cohen

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tayvan GTS, June BMW M4 Convert, Audi, Alfa Romeo
Country flag
I have a GTS on order for late summer or fall delivery. My wife has an SUV (BMW X3) and I currently drive a BMW M4 convertible. We drive to Taheo for skiing 5-10 times a year. The weather can be anything from clear, cole and dry to full-on massive show storm. My wife just asked if we could

1) Sell the SUV (its a BMW X3)
2) She takes the BMW M4 convertible
3) We use the GTS in the winter for a Tahoe trips

Does anyone have direct experience with the Taycan 4s or GTS (for those who have them in Europe) in the snow? If I put winter tires on the GTS fro winter will it be ok for 5-10 trips to skiing each year? It's usually only bad snow for a few days. We don't want the ST, so its GTS or bust!

Let me know your thoughts on the GTS as my 'ski' car :)

Thanks!
Andrew
Sponsored

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
The ST shouldn't really make any difference here, since it's the same ride height. This video should answer all you need to know:

A CT would probably be a bit better in deep snow, but it certainly doesn't seem like it would be a slouch in any regard.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
2 winters in my 4S on all weather 20" tyres (snow tyres are recommended).

Flawless in snow and on gradients - heavy car plus all wheel drive are major benefits. Raising of suspension when needed also a bonus.

I suspect you may get worse winters than we do and so snow tyres would be advisable and then you're set.

OP
OP

andrew1cohen

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tayvan GTS, June BMW M4 Convert, Audi, Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Great -- this is encouraging -- I'm looking for a way to keep my M4 convertible -- It's a sweet car and they don;t make the hardtop anymore!
Sponsored