First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
from my post in one of the other radar threads:

I finished mine today. I used a mirrortap cable and followed these steps: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/dash-cams.816/page-2#post-22269

It’s pretty much spot on including the wires that you use for power. Getting the front cover against the window off was very hard and it has two little clips that can easily break so be careful.

The front piece (bigger one that touches the section that houses the front reading lights) needs a little bit of help to unclip by moving it straight forward towards the window. NOT DOWN!! There are basically only two clips keeping it in place together with two guides at the very top. Then you have to unclip the rubber piece once its unclipped. That part makes sense once the clips release.

Other than struggling with the front cover of the mirror it went well. I eventually used a sharp trim piece to unclip it. A friend of mind broke his one clip on his 911, so again, be very careful and dont force it.

I hope this helps.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm trying to find clear and accurate info on installing a MirrorTap.

I have some questions:

- Did you need to remove the plastic trim around the mirror, or simply the "console" on the roof that houses the reading lights? (This is the piece I removed when I did my 991.)
- Does it require pushing on anything to get the clips loose? Or just push the console toward the front of the car? (I remember using a credit card on the 991 console)
- Lastly, did you identify switched 12V in there?

I know it's almost a year old but I haven't found any info that gives me enough confidence to attempt the job yet.
Sponsored