4EVer

First Name
Viv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S, iD3 Pro S, E-Up!
Country flag
Since new my car has had a noticeable knock on the front suspension. After 15k miles it seems to be getting worse so the car’s booked In on Monday for the OPC to investigate. About 8 months ago I asked a different OPC to take a look when the car was in for a software update but I was told that the ‘engineer’ had been out in the car and not heard anything untoward so I had to accept their ‘expert‘ diagnosis. I have to point out that I’ve never driven another Taycan so couldn’t say whether it’s normal or not. What I do know is that if I’d noticed a similar noise in any of my previous 911s or 918s, I’d have been concerned!

The noise, which sounds something like a tubular suspension arm being hit by a wooden mallet, is particularly noticeable at low speeds on rough roads and over speed humps. As it has become more noticeable I can now feel the worst knocks though the steering wheel.

Has anyone else had anything similar, and if so, what was the diagnosis?
Sponsored

ptodorov0

First Name
Plamen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did you find what was causing this? I am having a simillar knocking on low speeds and rough surfaces (we have a lot of them). It's even worse when the suspension is in LIFT. Car is in warranty but it was always a PITA to fix a suspension noise in official dealerships with my previous cars so I would like to point them in some direction when I visit.

gri6a05

First Name
Grig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I had the same issue on my 2023 GTS Sport Truismo. Came out as a air spring fault which they have replaced as part of the warranty.
Sponsored