• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium 4X, ready for the Macan EV Turbo
Country flag
UPDATE:

I went to the NY Auto Show tonight, spent a little over an hour at the Porsche booth looking at the Macan Turbo from every angle.
Well, almost: the frunk and trunk couldn’t be opened, battery ran out… 😅

There was almost no one so I was able to take my time, inspect it all, it was great.

My takeaways:

1. It looks absolutely gorgeous in Ice Grey Metallic, it was the color I wanted and seeing it in person only makes me want it more.

2. The side blades in High Gloss Black are too much for me, especially with the bottom of the car already being HGB. It reinforced my choice of going body color for them.

3. The Turbonite crest on the hood and wheel are superb, and I actually think the accents looks good inside the car (going with a black interior). With a lighter color, would probably spec Black accent.

4. Not a fan of the Turbonite air blades however. It’s especially weird with the HGB lower part of the car (see pics): I was on the fence but will spec HGB for the air blades.

5. The rear lower fascia in body color is a very nice touch. Getting it!

6. The HUD is massive behind the wheel! I couldn’t see it work (battery issue as mentioned) but chatting with the rep, it sounds amazing. Need to see it in action.

7. I’m 5’11” and thankfully the driver seat was set just right for me. Sitting in the back behind the driver, plenty of room (knees and above head), I would say at least 3 inches to the seat in front while sitting comfortably.

8. Sitting in the middle seat was fine, definitely usable but maybe not for super long drives - or with skinnier people next to you.

9. The 22” wheels are massive. I was thinking 21” and now wondering whether 20” wouldn’t actually look good (enough) while providing improved range and comfort.

10. Still unable to see what the Aero Turbo 20” or 21” rims look like, the rep went through all his pics on his phone but not a single shot.

For fun, I went and sat in the KIA EV6 GT and Hyundai Ioniq 5N and while I’m sure they’re fun to drive, the interiors are miles away from the Macan. But obviously, quite a bit cheaper too.

Overall, very impressed with the car: it looks and feels premium, I cannot wait to get mine!
I’ll be going back on Saturday for another look, hopefully this time with some charge in it.

If anyone has questions, I can try to answer them (or check again this weekend).

Macan EV Macan EV at the NY auto show img_0117-

Macan EV Macan EV at the NY auto show img_0128-

Macan EV Macan EV at the NY auto show img_0120-

Macan EV Macan EV at the NY auto show img_0121-

Macan EV Macan EV at the NY auto show img_0123-

Macan EV Macan EV at the NY auto show img_0125-

Macan EV Macan EV at the NY auto show img_0126-

ORIGINAL POST:

Any word on whether the new Macan EV will make an appearance in a major car show this year?

The NY one is a month and a half away, and the original Macan was shown there 10 years ago (although behind ropes, couldn’t be approached).

I would love to actually see one in person before pulling the trigger. 🤞🏻

--

Edit: I will be adding here the videos/coverage as I stumble upon them and/or people add them to this thread.

My visit at the NY Auto Show

My impressions and photos can be found post 8 on this thread.

Videos/coverage on Youtube
  • Auto Buyers Guide:
  • TFLEV:

Last edited by a moderator:

meerec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS MY22 I Macan EV Turbo PRYKG7X2
Country flag
My dealer in Sydney says they won’t have any cars to show before September and once they arrive Porsche Australia 🇦🇺 will stage a local launch

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
I have ordered already, but I'm off to Europe in late June via Singapore, hoping I can see it at the new Porsche Studio in Singapore or at the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart. I will take some pics 😊

meerec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS MY22 I Macan EV Turbo PRYKG7X2
Country flag
I have ordered already, but I'm off to Europe in late June via Singapore, hoping I can see it at the new Porsche Studio in Singapore or at the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart. I will take some pics 😊
You’d better share the pics and your personal experience.
I’ve ordered mine but not locked the actual spec yet. That comes later.

OP
OP
tmrqs

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Macan EV will be presented at the SXSW festival in Austin (TX) on March 8-12, making its American debut there. This leaves me hopeful it could be presented at the NY Auto Show 2 weeks later!

Last edited:
OP
OP
tmrqs

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As I suspected, Porsche is showing the Macan at the NY Auto Show! :D
Updated the first post with the first video I've found. More to come!

OP
OP
tmrqs

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I went to the NY Auto Show tonight, spent a little over an hour at the Porsche booth looking at the Macan Turbo from every angle.
Well, almost: the frunk and trunk couldn’t be opened, battery ran out… 😅

There was almost no one so I was able to take my time, inspect it all, it was great.

My takeaways:

1. It looks absolutely gorgeous in Ice Grey Metallic, it was the color I wanted and seeing it in person only makes me want it more.

2. The side blades in High Gloss Black are too much for me, especially with the bottom of the car already being HGB. It reinforced my choice of going body color for them.

3. The Turbonite crest on the hood and wheel are superb, and I actually think the accents looks good inside the car (going with a black interior). With a lighter color, would probably spec Black accent.

4. Not a fan of the Turbonite air blades however. It’s especially weird with the HGB lower part of the car (see pics): I was on the fence but will spec HGB for the air blades.

5. The rear lower fascia in body color is a very nice touch. Getting it!

6. The HUD is massive behind the wheel! I couldn’t see it work (battery issue as mentioned) but chatting with the rep, it sounds amazing. Need to see it in action.

7. I’m 5’11” and thankfully the driver seat was set just right for me. Sitting in the back behind the driver, plenty of room (knees and above head), I would say at least 3 inches to the seat in front while sitting comfortably.

8. Sitting in the middle seat was fine, definitely usable but maybe not for super long drives - or with skinnier people next to you.

9. The 22” wheels are massive. I was thinking 21” and now wondering whether 20” wouldn’t actually look good (enough) while providing improved range and comfort.

10. Still unable to see what the Aero Turbo 20” or 21” rims look like, the rep went through all his pics on his phone but not a single shot.

For fun, I went and sat in the KIA EV6 GT and Hyundai Ioniq 5N and while I’m sure they’re fun to drive, the interiors are miles away from the Macan. But obviously, quite a bit cheaper too.

Overall, very impressed with the car: it looks and feels premium, I cannot wait to get mine!
I’ll be going back on Saturday for another look, hopefully this time with some charge in it.

If anyone has questions, I can try to answer them (or check again this weekend).

Macan EV Macan EV at the NY auto show IMG_0117

Macan EV Macan EV at the NY auto show IMG_0128

Macan EV Macan EV at the NY auto show IMG_0120

Macan EV Macan EV at the NY auto show IMG_0121

Macan EV Macan EV at the NY auto show IMG_0123

Macan EV Macan EV at the NY auto show IMG_0125

Macan EV Macan EV at the NY auto show IMG_0126

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks so much for your write up, really very helpful. I’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t like the exterior or interior Turbonite finish, it‘s nice on the Porsche badge, but that is all. I have deleted it from my Turbo spec. Note it’s also the default colour on the Sport chrono clock too.

OP
OP
tmrqs

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks so much for your write up, really very helpful. I’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t like the exterior or interior Turbonite finish, it‘s nice on the Porsche badge, but that is all. I have deleted it from my Turbo spec. Note it’s also the default colour on the Sport chrono clock too.
Correct about the sport chrono clock, it actually looks good there. I’m actually leaning towards skipping the clock, unsure it makes sense on the Macan. Maybe?

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Correct about the sport chrono clock, it actually looks good there. I’m actually leaning towards skipping the clock, unsure it makes sense on the Macan. Maybe?
In NZ it's all standard equipment (along with lots of other things on the Turbo), so I don't have much choice. I happen to like it anyway, so not a biggie.

OP
OP
tmrqs

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In NZ it's all standard equipment (along with lots of other things on the Turbo), so I don't have much choice. I happen to like it anyway, so not a biggie.
Wow yes, the Turbo is even more loaded in NZ than it is in the US, you also get the Sport Sound included.
More expensive too but still a much better deal than in Europe.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
You can flip it for a compass?
Just as utterly useless as the crappy plastic stopwatch but less ugly.
Sports Chrono avoidance is one of the largest motivating factors for me to stick with the Mac 4.
Along with the £30k!
What’s the price difference in NZ?
NZ$60k?

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Compass does not seem an option on my market.