Macan loaner: why is the quality so much better?

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve also had two Caymans and a 2019 Macan- no rattle issues with any of those.
Yeah, Taycan seems to be more prone than other models for whatever reason. I asked the service advisor to investigate the buzzing coming from the passenger-side dash, but I'm not optimistic they'll find the root cause.

I've found a couple of videos about rattles in the 911 and other Porsche models, but I haven't had a chance to see if these solutions apply to the Taycan.

Sponsored

jimshadow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, DB9, 599, Denali, X1, Tiguan
Country flag
Got my Taycan back late this afternoon. It’s a 20 minute drive from the dealer to my home. No rattles. Took it to dinner…(45 minute round trip)… no rattles. Blessed to have a ‘no rattle’ and relatively ‘problem free’ car!!! I love it!!!

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Got my Taycan back late this afternoon. It’s a 20 minute drive from the dealer to my home. No rattles. Took it to dinner…(45 minute round trip)… no rattles. Blessed to have a ‘no rattle’ and relatively ‘problem free’ car!!! I love it!!!
Does the service order mention what they fixed?

jimshadow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does the service order mention what they fixed?
YES, ” Replaced open circuit between the body connection and the compressor valve for blow out control valve. CAUSE: Open circuits for the air suspension compressor blow out valve developed within the rear drive harness.”

At the end of the day the rear wiring harness got pinched in the up/down movement of the air suspension.

Jim

jimshadow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Silly things……picked up the car at 5:15 on Friday. Drove it home and then to the golf course. Got out of the car and heard a hissing noise…..nail in the tire. Here’s how it’s sitting now…..

Porsche Taycan Macan loaner: why is the quality so much better? 8E8099C5-7425-4DD5-A4A2-FCCF39E10108

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Tesla P100D, MiniCooper Cooper limited edition, Taycan Turbo S (ordered), Giulia Quadrafoglio
Country flag
PCM is fast, Wireless CarPlay connects immediately, etc. Re: PCM specifically, why is it so much better on the Macan? It's lightning-fast compared to the Taycan (switching apps, moving around), and the default CarPlay view allows me to see Maps and Sirius Radio in split-screen-- something I can't do on the Taycan AFAIK. I guess I just feel like a car that is 1/3 the cost of most Taycan's shouldn't be this much better in terms of rattles and PCM. Thoughts?
Fully agree with you. Same experience. My 2021TTS is at the dealer for sevice (over a week so far) and I am driving a brand new Macan. WOW is my reaction to the PCM. On my Taycan, every trip I take I need extra 10 minutes to fiddle with the PCM to get it to work just right. Every day is a new issue, including once when it told me I had no radio.... Day and night experience. Additionally, the Macan screen is much higher definition than the Taycan, which is terribly more expensive. I dont get it.

jimshadow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well….here’s the culprit. Got it fixed. Now time for 2 days on the road and ~600 miles…..

Porsche Taycan Macan loaner: why is the quality so much better? EEFB0FFA-344D-4DAF-8570-35178C356EED
Sponsored