MY 2025 lease details & programs

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
Has anyone been given any word from their salespeople or dealership in regards to MY 2025 lease details / programs? My local dealership says they are still waiting on lease program information for the refreshed model. Currently have no idea on how the different models will “lease out”. Thanks!
Sponsored

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2024 -4S , GT3
Country flag
It will be interesting to see if MY25 residuals materially decrease to reflect the current market or will PAG prop them up. I am shocked at the recent pre-owned Taycan price collapse. The last thirty days have been brutal and there is no end in sight with all the negative press on BEV's.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
I think, and am hoping, future values will hold up for Gen2 cars, with fewer buyers, new technology and the current glut of cars working through the system a more normal / stable situation will hopefully arrive in 3 or 4 years from now.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Taycan residuals have always been atrocious, especially as you move up the variants.
A Turbo S is in the low 40s with a MF in the 8% APR range.

Porsche knows they will sell the car and the owner will eat that high depreciation instead of VW Financial

berneslai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I-Pace
Country flag
I just joined the forum to see if anyone had managed to get details. My (UK) employers salary sacrifice scheme cannot organise any Taycan quote at the moment and don't seem to have much faith it will be any time soon.

I have been offered a reasonable deal on an already-existing Taycan. Is there any expectation that some of the additional benefits of the MY25 (e.g. range) will be available as a software update? Apologies, I'm currently an Jaguar owner not a Porsche owner so don't know the technical details.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Is there any expectation that some of the additional benefits of the MY25 (e.g. range) will be available as a software update?
Hi- short answer is "no", the improvements are mainly from different physical components. (Long answer will be in various threads on the forum).

OP
OP
mc9er

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi everyone - bumping this thread to see if anyone has gotten lease rate info (residuals, MF, etc.) for MY25’s yet. Thanks

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi everyone - bumping this thread to see if anyone has gotten lease rate info (residuals, MF, etc.) for MY25’s yet. Thanks
I haven't seen anything yet. Programs change every month so we will have to wait till July when the car is being sold

OP
OP
mc9er

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So are people who are ordering MY25’s with June/July/Aug delivery dates all just buying (rather than leasing)? I can’t imagine ordering a car, having it delivered, and then figuring out my lease rates.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Recently asked dealer. No lease info for MY 25 available yet.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So are people who are ordering MY25’s with June/July/Aug delivery dates all just buying (rather than leasing)? I can’t imagine ordering a car, having it delivered, and then figuring out my lease rates.
Unfortunately that's how it works. The program can completely change from order to delivery date.

The leases Are horrible for Taycan, but 4s and lower are the more doable

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I think, and am hoping, future values will hold up for Gen2 cars, with fewer buyers, new technology and the current glut of cars working through the system a more normal / stable situation will hopefully arrive in 3 or 4 years from now.
News is not good on that front - figures are out and ironically in the latest reviews of the new Taycan (see Autocar).

In 3 -4 (4 more likely) - Gen 3 will be out so we wary of that!

EV residuals are 'pants' - it's the new strapline...

Latest J2 / Gen 2 Taycan review:

" Residual values on the car are a far cry from what they once were, though, having taken some serious blows over the past couple of years with so many second-hand examples flooding onto the market and depressing prices. That’s likely to make personal finance deals pricier than some will be expecting. For those buying with cash, CAP now expects an entry-level, 89kWh Taycan saloon to retain 45% of its original showroom price after three years and 18,000 miles of use, and a Turbo S to retain 43%. "

For a Porsche (any) these are horrendous numbers and many private buyers will not be taken for a ride 2nd time around (I'm seriously contemplating a step back to ICE and get that 911 I've been promising myself since I was out of diapers until such times as the only choice is electric (and therefore pricing stability)).

All this from a car which in the real world may reach 300 miles (non-WLTP) if that's an issue (folks in nice ambients are already experiencing that with Gen 1 and I guess will now expect 340 - 350). Gen 2 is not a step change IMHO.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
In UK we generally figure it out at the end but it does depend on how you intend to finance. If lease (non-business) then the residual will be set to no more than 40 - 45% (normally you would expect higher) and the interest rates are already known (10.x%) so the maths is easy after that. If financing via a salary sacrifice then that may be trickier but depending on budget available may still cover the monthlies without too much drama. The question is more around "how crazy must you be before saying 'no'?" So enter the 'compromise' approach - I thought I could get at T2 Turbo but apparently not and so I'll settle for a 4S (until the GTS surfaces).

Macan will positively steal sales from the Taycan and so I would expect Taycan sales to be mediocre (region dependent) as everyone would rather have a Porsche SUV, right?

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
News is not good on that front - figures are out and ironically in the latest reviews of the new Taycan (see Autocar).

In 3 -4 (4 more likely) - Gen 3 will be out so we wary of that!

EV residuals are 'pants' - it's the new strapline...

Latest J2 / Gen 2 Taycan review:

" Residual values on the car are a far cry from what they once were, though, having taken some serious blows over the past couple of years with so many second-hand examples flooding onto the market and depressing prices. That’s likely to make personal finance deals pricier than some will be expecting. For those buying with cash, CAP now expects an entry-level, 89kWh Taycan saloon to retain 45% of its original showroom price after three years and 18,000 miles of use, and a Turbo S to retain 43%. "

For a Porsche (any) these are horrendous numbers and many private buyers will not be taken for a ride 2nd time around (I'm seriously contemplating a step back to ICE and get that 911 I've been promising myself since I was out of diapers until such times as the only choice is electric (and therefore pricing stability)).

All this from a car which in the real world may reach 300 miles (non-WLTP) if that's an issue (folks in nice ambients are already experiencing that with Gen 1 and I guess will now expect 340 - 350). Gen 2 is not a step change IMHO.
Other EV sellers are eating the poor residuals. Rivians lease is a 76% residual for 24months.
The best deals are on EV leases for any OEM.

If you want a Taycan, you have to pay the depreciation
Sponsored