evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
So, I'm out toolin' around ENJOYING my car and I want to head North cause I know there is a highway in that direction in 20 or 30 miles...

Can someone please tell if there is a way to enable a "North Pointer" on the map? ..cause I sure as heck can't find it! No pointer, no compass heading, no compass rose, nothing... Really?

I have to put the map in "North Up" mode if I simply want to know which way I'm heading? That seems kind of "thoughtless"...
Sponsored

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
So, I'm out toolin' around ENJOYING my car and I want to head North cause I know there is a highway in that direction in 20 or 30 miles...

Can someone please tell if there is a way to enable a "North Pointer" on the map? ..cause I sure as heck can't find it! No pointer, no compass heading, no compass rose, nothing... Really?

I have to put the map in "North Up" mode if I simply want to know which way I'm heading? That seems kind of "thoughtless"...
It’s simple - my wife stops complaining about the map turning (and making her sick) when the map is North up!

OP
OP
evanevery

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
It’s simple - my wife stops complaining about the map turning (and making her sick) when the map is North up!
Good for your wife!

That's not the way I "fly" (nor most pilots)... A simple pointer (like every other car I have) would have been "thoughtful"...

I actually had the map in the center of my cluster "Direction Up" (the way I like it) and then the map in the middle of the dash "North Up" but that's a pretty major waste of real estate...

The right part of the screen behind the steering wheel can display a compass. You can replace the date line with a compass.
To set it up you have to use the PCM center screen. Instructions and a photo of the compass here:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/how-to-battery-temperature-in-the-main-dash.2859/
Cool, thanks. That'll do!
Sponsored