tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Will visit the station soon. Trying to find the menu to add license plate and creating QR code, but can't find this in the MyPorsche app?

i do have the Porsche charging card, understand i can use that one too?

Cheers Edwin
My Prosche -> Details -> Functions -> Porsche Charging Lounge.

Porsche Taycan First Porsche Charging Lounge opens in Germany IMG_9593
Sponsored

EdwinT

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo, Porsche 356a T1
Country flag
Done, Great information! Was looking in the charging menu's did not see this item in the list before.

Nice to look at all the charging lounges worldwide in the accompanying map, well.. see one :cool:

AMERCY

First Name
Christof
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan '19 (Crayon), Taycan 4S+ '21 (Black)
Country flag
Have been there. Extremely positive experience - concept and execution. The pics already posted are more beautiful than those that I took, so I'll keep them to myself.
Everything seems to have been mentioned already here,
but tiny thing (if not mentioned already): Waving the "Taycan Charging Card" will give access to the area as well as to the lounge. No preparation needed. I only learned only afterwards all the different access methods.

EdwinT

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice experience. For now the coffee, chocolate and lemonade are free. As long as there is a Porsche employee to welcome everyone. Nice to talk to and gave some extra tips about charging..

I can imagine myself charging and do a bit of work in the lounge area.
He told me there were about 20 Taycans a day since opening.
They are currently developing 8 more across Germany near larger cities. Don’t understand the location of this first one, bit on a side industrial area, seems not really in a hotspot city to me..

Porsche Taycan First Porsche Charging Lounge opens in Germany IMG_3475

Porsche Taycan First Porsche Charging Lounge opens in Germany IMG_3479

Last edited:

EdwinT

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did the barrier recognise your Dutch (i.e. non-German) number plate to open without using the QR code/RFID card ?
yes, I have listed my license plate in the app prior to the visit, so it opened up when arriving. Didn’t have to use the QR code or charging card for the lounge because the guy was constantly trying to be of assistance ;) was a bit disappointed he didn’t close the door of my car when I got in 🤓

Englishtony2002

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
When are you putting in HYC400’s Tony?
We are installing the HYC300 units across a number of Rapid hubs in the UK, this includes a number that will be located within Retail centres and Greene King pub car parks. The beauty of the HYC300 is that when you are alone on the charger you will get access to the full 300kW, allowing the Taycan to pull full power. The Alpi dynamically apportions power in 75kW chunks, so even you are sharing you may be well get 225kW, and as we all know that full power phase does not last very long. Therefore IMO, the 400 is a little overkill for the vast majority of Non-Highway locations.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
We are installing the HYC300 units across a number of Rapid hubs in the UK, this includes a number that will be located within Retail centres and Greene King pub car parks. The beauty of the HYC300 is that when you are alone on the charger you will get access to the full 300kW, allowing the Taycan to pull full power. The Alpi dynamically apportions power in 75kW chunks, so even you are sharing you may be well get 225kW, and as we all know that full power phase does not last very long. Therefore IMO, the 400 is a little overkill for the vast majority of Non-Highway locations.
One advantage of the 400 is that is dynamically allocates in smaller chunks, 50 kW, so possibly a little more granular and may result in more equivalent sharing throughout the charge cycle with 2 cars plugged in.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
One advantage of the 400 is that is dynamically allocates in smaller chunks, 50 kW, so possibly a little more granular and may result in more equivalent sharing throughout the charge cycle with 2 cars plugged in.
Even with jumbo frames turned on?

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Charged here today.
Numberplate recognition didn’t work to open the gate but the QR code in Apple wallet did.

I was hosted by a Porsche guy. He explained everything about the facility and asked my opinion. He explained I could use numberplate recognition. I showed him I already did but it didn’t work. He had the same this week with a Norwegian Taycan but otherwise it worked well also with Belgian numberplates.

in general: good location close to the highway. Close to (2 minutes) Ionity I have used in other trips. Really clean toilets and a machine for coffee. Dispenser for snacks was out of order.

Fast connection and fast charging

Plug and charge will come.

I complete a questionnaire and received a Porsche crest ice cube maker

Took some pictures. Another Taycan was charging close to the lounge so I didn’t take pictures of thet.

Porsche Taycan First Porsche Charging Lounge opens in Germany IMG_5267

Porsche Taycan First Porsche Charging Lounge opens in Germany IMG_5268

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
1692337801264.png

whoever visits this place next, suprise Milan by saying "hello" to him with his correct name :)
That’s just a day too late. He welcomed me yesterday. Very nice guy. He is going to investigate why my numberplate recognition didn’t work.

EdwinT

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As a reference.. the taycan navigated us to one of the two official Tesla charging lounge. Can’t put my finger on it, but is a .. different experience as a lounge 😎

Porsche Taycan First Porsche Charging Lounge opens in Germany IMG_4546

Porsche Taycan First Porsche Charging Lounge opens in Germany IMG_4544

Porsche Taycan First Porsche Charging Lounge opens in Germany IMG_4545

Edward

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Neat!! The QR code on the charging station links to: https://porsche.charging-lounges.com

Until that video, I had forgotten about the Audi Charging Hub Lounge. That one is even nicer than the Porsche Charging Lounge! It's like Lufthansa First Class (Audi) versus LH Business Class (Porsche) versus Spirit Airlines / Ryanair (Electrify America).

Porsche Taycan First Porsche Charging Lounge opens in Germany A218900_web_1440

Porsche Taycan First Porsche Charging Lounge opens in Germany A218865_web_1440

Last edited: