Widge

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
Hi, Im suddenly having a problem of radio repeat with my Taycan - starts normally then goes back to original sentence or two and repeats. Seems like 2 systems competing. Usually only happens at start of ride. Anyone with similar issues? And is there a way of turning of off a system? I recall being asked to fill out a host of details recently on the dash and Im wondering if I signed for something in PCM thats clashing here...
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Look up “two finger reboot “

OP
OP
Widge

Widge

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
😊 thanks, I'll try but does that reset a whole host of configured settings or not much impact?

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The 2 finger reboot reboots the PCM. Usually no change to configured settings.
It is not a "factory reset".
I don't understand what you mean by "radio repeats".

OP
OP
Widge

Widge

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
The 2 finger reboot reboots the PCM. Usually no change to configured settings.
It is not a "factory reset".
I don't understand what you mean by "radio repeats".
The radio goes on, announcer talks for a sentence or two, then that same segment repeats again going back to the start, I think it’s two systems digital radio DAB and another trying to sync

BobC

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've noticed the same issue recently. Radio starts off ok and then after a few seconds it goes back and repeats and then continues with a slightly lower volume level, as if re-syncing from another source. Noticed mostly on local PBS station, but not sure on other broadcast channels.

I frequently switch from SiriusXM to local radio so that I can mute the sound when parking. This is due to the fact that you can't mute streaming channels, as they actually 'pause' instead when you press the volume scroll button.. So in order to 'mute' a streaming station, I have to set the volume down to level "1", but when I start the car, it always starts the volume at level "3", so still not ideal.

A nice option would be to have the volume scroll wheel implement a 'long press' option, where short press would be 'pause' and long press would be 'mute' (or vice versa).

It's a bit frustrating that there is no way to simply turn off the sound system, like in most other cars.

I'm coming up on my two year anniversary at the end of the month, and am working on a set of software change requests. I love the car in pretty much all aspects, with the only exceptions being lower range than would be nice for long trips and every other beef, as expected, is about the PCM software.

OP
OP
Widge

Widge

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
Exactly as per your first paragraph, also see mostly on local PBS channel but I think it has occurred on others. I also use Apple Carplay and not sure if thats a factor...

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have had same issue. In the past this was very minor (one word or part of a word) and usually involved a switch from the same station on FM, then switching to DAB when enetering or exiting a tunnel (In Australia, have to have FM repaters in tunnel, DAB not required). I generally 'force' DAB as the sound is better.
Recently (last 6+weeks) has been randomly swityching between online, FM and DAB versions of same channel. This sometimes means missing segments of the news or a track, or listening to repeats of the same news item of piece of music. Soemtimes the switch reflects entry/exit to a car park or tunnel, but not always.

CaliPorsche

First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Cayenne S, 964 Speedster, AMG
…………….and usually involved a switch from the same station on FM, then switching to DAB …………
yes that ^^ I get the same issue as a radio station skips from digital to FM when the digital signal drops in and out …. The two signals from the same station being slightly out of synch ……

SpicewoodT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I seem to have a slightly different (but related?) issue.

Typically, when I get in the car I connect to CarPlay so that I can use Google Maps to guide me to my destination. I usually tune to a local FM station rather than playing music through CarPlay. It seems that within 5 minutes the radio will fade out and play an ad.

Now, the interesting thing is that the ad almost always begins to play at roughly the same place as I'm coming to a stoplight that has a Middle School on one side and a 7-11 on the other side. The ad seems to be the same for several days in a row and then switches to a new ad. To shake things up some, today I was in a completely different part of the city and my radio switched over from the FM station (a different station than I normally listen to) to an ad roughly 5 minutes after I started driving - so at least the amount of time before it happens seems consistent.

I'm going to try NOT using CarPlay this week to see if the FM station I'm listening to is interrupted by an ad to try to determine if this may be a CarPlay issue or an FM radio/HD Radio issue.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I seem to have a slightly different (but related?) issue.

Typically, when I get in the car I connect to CarPlay so that I can use Google Maps to guide me to my destination. I usually tune to a local FM station rather than playing music through CarPlay. It seems that within 5 minutes the radio will fade out and play an ad.

Now, the interesting thing is that the ad almost always begins to play at roughly the same place as I'm coming to a stoplight that has a Middle School on one side and a 7-11 on the other side. The ad seems to be the same for several days in a row and then switches to a new ad. To shake things up some, today I was in a completely different part of the city and my radio switched over from the FM station (a different station than I normally listen to) to an ad roughly 5 minutes after I started driving - so at least the amount of time before it happens seems consistent.

I'm going to try NOT using CarPlay this week to see if the FM station I'm listening to is interrupted by an ad to try to determine if this may be a CarPlay issue or an FM radio/HD Radio issue.

Has anyone else experienced this?
When my wife's phone is connected to CarPlay and she scrolls through certain apps it will turn off the radio and the audio of whatever ad is auto-playing on her phone starts to play through the speakers. It's really annoying and I disconnect her phone and connect mine instead. CarPlay seems to really like taking over the vehicles audio system.

SpicewoodT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
When my wife's phone is connected to CarPlay and she scrolls through certain apps it will turn off the radio and the audio of whatever ad is auto-playing on her phone starts to play through the speakers. It's really annoying and I disconnect her phone and connect mine instead. CarPlay seems to really like taking over the vehicles audio system.
I'm familiar with that as well, very annoying. When I'm waiting for my son to get out of TaeKwonDo and I play Sudoku when CarPlay is active, the audio playing through the vehicle's speakers will switch over to the music playing in the Sudoku app whether I'm listening to FM radio or Apple Music. Annoying, but that one makes sense to me.

This random overtake of an FM station by what seems to be an ad being broadcast on an FM frequency (just my guess) has me puzzled.

CaliPorsche

First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Cayenne S, 964 Speedster, AMG
This sounds like DAB geotargeting. Tho you are on FM most stations now broadcast in digital - and though I know little about it and have never noticed it myself, there is an ability to target ads based on your location. In your case it sounds very precise and I am totally guessing …… but it sure sounds like it. Google radio geotargeting.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’ve experienced this recently, and put it down to DAB re-scanning to local frequencies when the original signal level drops. I’ll try a soft reset, as suggested.
Sponsored