Surround View issue (only for Taycan MY2021) partial solution

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s - Cayenne Coupe Hybrid - Carrera S 992
Country flag
Hi guys,
In Italian and I try to explain a partial solution to an issue with Taycan Model year 2021 and Surround View parking optional.

for this is to solve a problem that plagues the Taycan model Year 2021 parking lot.

Going to the parking menu where you see the car from above, press the second parking icon and at that point you will see icons in front and the icon behind in the car.

using the trackpad dedicated to air conditioning with one finger, move to a visible icon (at the moment you only see 2 icons and not 6 as correct) and press the trackpad. In this way the selected icon will turn blue, and always with the trackpad move as if there were also the other icons.

This movement will be heard through a noise and at this point click again as if you were selecting the side icon not displayed. This should activate the 3D view.

please for all members with this issue... go to dealer and report this, showing that procedure (so they avoid to tell you that in my 2021 is normal???) and open a ticket for Stuttgart; only in this mode we can solve 100% the issue.

i really hope my school English was ok to understand the solution.
Sponsored

Schlarbsi

First Name
Dominik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Quick update. Been to the Porsche Center. The Taycans there (also MY20 with the newest update) also don‘t have the 8 Camera icons anymore, BUT MY20 and MY21 with newest update and active parking still got the icons.
so the bug is not that you don’t see the icons, the bug is that you are still able to have 3D view when you don’t have the Active Parking optioned. So the next update will not make the 8 cameras appear again, it will make you unable to have 3D view with the surround view option!

The video doesn’t show a bug it shows a hack!

And now the crazy part: one MY20 had the surround view optioned when it was called 3D-surround view (they changed the name of the option) and even this car only got the 2 cameras to choose now. ?
So I guess no more tracking arround the car in a couple of weeks if you didn’t optioned active parking. ?