Surround view

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Hi,

pocked up the car yesterday, great car but software very buggy. The surround view stopped working yesterday with a red camera symbol with a line through for all the cameras. Anyone else seen this,I am hoping after an overnight shutdown that they come back?
Sponsored

OP
OP
jetbox

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Worked for a bit today and then failed again....

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Geez, this is not good. My Taycan is due at the dealer any day now and every time I read about sw bugs it makes me wonder if I need to let the Taycan model mature a little before I plunk down hard earned cash on a car that might piss me off a lot.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Geez, this is not good. My Taycan is due at the dealer any day now and every time I read about sw bugs it makes me wonder if I need to let the Taycan model mature a little before I plunk down hard earned cash on a car that might piss me off a lot.
If infotainment/software is high on your list of priorities, this may not be the car for you.

I've had a car with much, much worse software (the iPace) and that aspect never really bothered me.

I know people had expectations that because this is an EV it would have outstanding software. That expectation was really created by Tesla and not Porsche. Like every Porsche I've ever driven, this is a driver focused & aesthetically beautiful car that has software as a last consideration.

With that said, you're always going to get bugs and glitches a few months into a new software system. Keep in mind that COVID & the shutdowns really delayed Porsche's ability to roll out patches and in reality this is still phase 1 (maybe 1b) of the Taycan launch. The software will get better but it will never be absolutely cutting edge. It's beautiful & functional, though.

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’m ok with bugs as long as i know they will be addressed in a timely manner, and I don’t have to live with them for as long as I own the vehicle (it will be my daily driver). I don’t want to start a Porsche vs Tesla discussion, but coming out of a Tesla I was pretty pleased with the way Tesla handled glitches. I hope Porsche can do similar. One other thing, my car was held in port for a random quality assurance check. I don’t know what that entailed but I hope the vehicle has the latest and greatest sw version loaded, although that is probably done anyway by the service tech that preps the car for delivery.

Last edited: