or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I have bought my MY23 GTS ST with the Surround View option for park assist. But I won’t call what I have got a surround view. This is what it looks like in my car:
Porsche Taycan Surround View not a rotatable view? 1675256112443

I can select front and rear camera. But there is no way to choose a virtual camera outside the vehicle, like what this YouTube demo shows:
Porsche Taycan Surround View not a rotatable view? 1675256848745

This is how it is described in the configurator:
Porsche Taycan Surround View not a rotatable view? 1675256892604

It says that it will give “a 360 degree surround view generated from the images of four high-resolution cameras”. I don’t think the overhead view I have is this generated view.

I have heard a theory that only sedans get the generated rotatable view. Maybe, but the functionality is described in the exact same way for a sedan as for my Sport Turismo:
Porsche Taycan Surround View not a rotatable view? 1675256953582

How are your cars, and what do you think about this?

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Same thing with mine and when I asked it was because I hadn’t ticked another option that would enable the “real” 360 degrees view. I can’t remember which option it was though. I remember other people asking the same question on the forum. I feel that the description in the configurator is misleading.

Last edited:

Force-walker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60, VW ID3
Country flag
You have to have the "Remote ParkAssist" to have the 3D view. Check the Norwegian configurator.
They changed this from MY 20 to 21 I think.

This is stupid I think. Beacause if the vehicle parks by it self you should not have to use the 3D view.
Hehe

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
The 3D view is useless. You’re not missing out on anything good. The top view (surround view) is really helpful when trying to avoid hitting nearby objects while parking.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
It's all explained in this thread.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/missing-surround-view-feature.13420/

Long story short - Porsche do not explain these options clearly and the "full" 3D surround view you thought you were getting, only comes with the self-parking option. However, the surround view you have is the best of the two, as you have the possibility to view the front and rear and rims clearly.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I agree, I have the 3D option and it's utterly useless. If I could revert to your camera views I would.

OP
OP
or1

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Thanks for replies! I should have researched the forum before posting, I see that. But I was rather irritated when I discovered what I didn't have. Maybe it is no big loss, but I do feel somewhat cheated by the option description in the configurator.

Pmsl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
I agree, I have the 3D option and it's utterly useless. If I could revert to your camera views I would.
Do I understand correctly from your post that when you have the 3D (as part of the Remote Park Assist) that you cannot select the (more useful) non-3D surround view? Strange to get less functionalities by ticking an extra option...

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do I understand correctly from your post that when you have the 3D (as part of the Remote Park Assist) that you cannot select the (more useful) non-3D surround view?
Correct.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have bought my MY23 GTS ST with the Surround View option for park assist. But I won’t call what I have got a surround view. This is what it looks like in my car:
1675256112443.jpeg

I can select front and rear camera. But there is no way to choose a virtual camera outside the vehicle, like what this YouTube demo shows:
1675256848745.jpeg

This is how it is described in the configurator:
1675256892604.jpeg

It says that it will give “a 360 degree surround view generated from the images of four high-resolution cameras”. I don’t think the overhead view I have is this generated view.

I have heard a theory that only sedans get the generated rotatable view. Maybe, but the functionality is described in the exact same way for a sedan as for my Sport Turismo:
1675256953582.jpeg

How are your cars, and what do you think about this?
For 3D view you must order the Remote Park Assist option which bundles 3D (spinning car) along with the somewhat pointless remote control parking.

For a while those of us who have 360 surround had access to the spinning hack but that was removed as part of the big software update.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Do I understand correctly from your post that when you have the 3D (as part of the Remote Park Assist) that you cannot select the (more useful) non-3D surround view? Strange to get less functionalities by ticking an extra option...
Both views are available in my car. Mine defaults to the non-3D view. I played with the 3D view a couple of times but it never seemed useful so I don’t turn it on anymore. I have remote park assist and I’ve used it a couple of times to back out of my garage when my kid parked his car too close and I didn’t feel like becoming a contortionist to get into the drivers seat.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The best feature that's lost in 3D view is the curb view. Not completely lost perse but the 3D implementation is so poor that it's not useful. The curb appears as a blurry blob so I'm never confident in where it is exactly.

In the non-3D view, you get a direct top down view of the curb so you can tell exactly how far away you are.

For similar reasons, I never use the 3D view for parking as closer the object is, more distorted it appears. Imo, it's a gimmick to show the kids but has limited practical use. I do use Auto-park regularly and have been very pleased with that function.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can't you select the non 3D view on the left hand side and then the 3D view by touching one of the virtual cameras?
I don't have 3D view as I didn't opt for "Park Assist".

I assumed @Pmsl was referring to the kerb view which shows very clearly how close the front and rear wheels are to the kerb, in which case, no, you don't get that view if you spec 3D surround view.
Sponsored