D1MPE

First Name
Dimple
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
My 2020 Taycan 4S is due it’s first MOT in Dec 23. Has anyone had their car MOT’d at a normal garage (not Dealer) and if so is there anything special I should tell them like deactivation of the air suspension (like when you change a tire / wheel) not sure how much expertise their is out there.
Sponsored

Talisker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo S, 20 Taycan Turbo, 23 Taycan Turbo S ST
Country flag
My 2020 Taycan 4S is due it’s first MOT in Dec 23. Has anyone had their car MOT’d at a normal garage (not Dealer) and if so is there anything special I should tell them like deactivation of the air suspension (like when you change a tire / wheel) not sure how much expertise their is out there.
I had mine MOTd at a tyre place, they managed, but I had to change some suspension settings.

Hootch280

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Macan S, Mclaren 720S
Country flag
I had mine MOT'ed about a month ago. No issues with the suspension just as it is.
I've had one tyre changed about 3 months ago - blister in the side wall front nearside due to pot hole - I was advised on the MOT that all the other tyres are wearing on the inside shoulder - other front is showing most wear - 13K on the clock. Possible the tyres will need changing before the main surface area needs it ! Tyre pressures are always spot on

OP
OP
D1MPE

D1MPE

First Name
Dimple
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
I had mine MOT'ed about a month ago. No issues with the suspension just as it is.
I've had one tyre changed about 3 months ago - blister in the side wall front nearside due to pot hole - I was advised on the MOT that all the other tyres are wearing on the inside shoulder - other front is showing most wear - 13K on the clock. Possible the tyres will need changing before the main surface area needs it ! Tyre pressures are always spot on
Thanks for that … i had o/s/r tyre also changed last week due to bulge in anticipation of MOT. Mine done 13K too so let’s see what they say (tyre was £330).

Xsquid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S Diesel, Taycan 4s+, 996 C2 Coupe
Country flag
My OPC is about 50 mins away. The issue I had locally was finding a ramp wide enough to jack the car up. You need to ensure you take the car to a centre that can handle class 7 vehicles. The jack points are on the outer edge due to the battery and many MOT centres simply do not have the ramps to cope with such a distance between the two jack points. 2 MOT centres turned me away.
Sponsored