Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I’ve had a similar experience with my 4S. I’ve just ordered a Zappi charger. That will do 7kW from a single phase. Andersen are talking 12 weeks plus for their charger.... the Porsche supplied 11kW charger will only do 3.6kW from single phase as it has been designed for 2 or 3 phase operation. Not much use in the UK.

expecting my car March. Again on the knowledge front, dealership have some catching up to do.
Just had a further update on delivery. Looks like - with the delays - moved to mid May completion and delivery expected end May. . .
Sponsored

mikerheywood

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayman 718 2013, Mercedes AMG E53 2019
Country flag
I’ve had a similar experience with my 4S. I’ve just ordered a Zappi charger. That will do 7kW from a single phase. Andersen are talking 12 weeks plus for their charger.... the Porsche supplied 11kW charger will only do 3.6kW from single phase as it has been designed for 2 or 3 phase operation. Not much use in the UK.

expecting my car March. Again on the knowledge front, dealership have some catching up to do.
Porsche Dealer is trying to push me down the Andersen 7kw route also. £895 including fitting with auto-discounted £500 grant. They quoted me 8-9 weeks for install but I've heard it could be more so 12 weeks doesn't surprise me.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
I was going to go for the Anderson charger but as I have an Etron on order and Audi have given me a free pod point including installation

Last edited:

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Porsche Dealer is trying to push me down the Andersen 7kw route also. £895 including fitting with auto-discounted £500 grant. They quoted me 8-9 weeks for install but I've heard it could be more so 12 weeks doesn't surprise me.
I went for the Zappi instead because it integrates with the solar panels we have fitted at home. The idea is, when we are generating an excess rather than feed back into the grid it can be used to charge the car. Will be able to confirm this when I get the car. I’m not expecting any problems as it has been designed for this integratio. Price wise, it’s a similar price to the Andersen charger. One difference, it was fitted within a week of getting the quotation.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I thought the Andersen charger was not approved to get the grant of £500. Could be wrong, but I’d check that.

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Saw a Porsche app for moon2go on the App Store, that uses a 22 kw charger below, do you think Porsche will use this and would it work in the US?
https://www.nrgkick.com/en/
https://www.greentech.at/en/porsche-holding-subsidiary-moon-relies-on-nrgkick/
Just had a quick look. This is a bit like PMCC+ I think. Up to 22kw on 3 phase using all three phases. Taycan is limited to 11kw at the moment. Not sure what amp you can draw down in the USA. In the uk we need 32Amp for 7.4kw.

psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Audi RS4, Defender 90
Country flag
I thought the Andersen charger was not approved to get the grant of £500. Could be wrong, but I’d check that.

The Andersen is approved for the grant. You get £500 off from Andersen directly and an exact £300 from the EST if you're lucky enough to live in Scotland. I ordered the unit in December and it was delivered last week. Just waiting to get it installed.

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The Andersen is approved for the grant. You get £500 off from Andersen directly and an exact £300 from the EST if you're lucky enough to live in Scotland. I ordered the unit in December and it was delivered last week. Just waiting to get it installed.
Ordered mine a while ago and had it installed today, I am very happy with it.

Cost was £995 for unit + £400 installation - £500 OLEV = £895 total

(I then had some extra costs on top of this as the unit was going in a "weird" place which needed an extra outdoor circuit board and buried cabling, but I think my situation is not typical)

The installers had only good things to say about Andersen, the quality of the units and more importantly the customer service. They mentioned a much more well known brand and they said they will not ever install again due to endless issues.
Porsche Taycan UK Taycan build slots IMG_6896

///Marty

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, 4S+ on order
Country flag
Ordered mine a while ago and had it installed today, I am very happy with it.

Cost was £995 for unit + £400 installation - £500 OLEV = £895 total

(I then had some extra costs on top of this as the unit was going in a "weird" place which needed an extra outdoor circuit board and buried cabling, but I think my situation is not typical)

The installers had only good things to say about Andersen, the quality of the units and more importantly the customer service. They mentioned a much more well known brand and they said they will not ever install again due to endless issues.
IMG_6896.jpg
can I ask who you got it installed by? Have had a quote through this morning but it’s £1095 after grant which is £350 not £500?

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Mine was installed by an Andersen approved installer (called Elecolgy who were great)

The OLEV grant dropped to £350 on 1st April 2020

Looking at the Andersen site it still looks like £995 for the unit + £400 installation, so you should be getting £1045 after the grant?

///Marty

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, 4S+ on order
Country flag
Mine was installed by an Andersen approved installer (called Elecolgy who were great)

The OLEV grant dropped to £350 on 1st April 2020

Looking at the Andersen site it still looks like £995 for the unit + £400 installation, so you should be getting £1045 after the grant?
Thanks for that, sounds like missed the boat on the £500!
Actually I did get a quote on the Anderson page after I saw this thread but the first quote was from a company called smartphonecharge.co.Uk and also included a • 40A Type A RCBO + enclosure – option which was about £50 inc vat so pretty much balances it all out I guess.
Sponsored