First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Hi folks,

Is it the dealer or the customer who has 'title' on a delivery slot once the customer has paid the deposit?

I.e. Does Porsche have the delivery slot allocated to the dealership or the customer?

For example, if you wished to transfer to another dealer (let's say you moved house), could you re-allocate your delivery slot that you paid for? or would you have to start again be closing one slot with a refund at one dealership, and reopening a new one with a new dealership - and going to the back of the queue?

And if it's the dealer (or Porsche UK?) who can theoretically re-allocate your slot - if they were minded to, could they transfer to another dealer?

cheers
Sponsored

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Hi folks,

Is it the dealer or the customer who has 'title' on a delivery slot once the customer has paid the deposit?

I.e. Does Porsche have the delivery slot allocated to the dealership or the customer?

For example, if you wished to transfer to another dealer (let's say you moved house), could you re-allocate your delivery slot that you paid for? or would you have to start again be closing one slot with a refund at one dealership, and reopening a new one with a new dealership - and going to the back of the queue?

And if it's the dealer (or Porsche UK?) who can theoretically re-allocate your slot - if they were minded to, could they transfer to another dealer?

cheers
The way I understand it, the dealer owns the slot allocation. All dealers get a certain number of allocated slots they can then fill. If you want to shift to another dealer you will lose the slot, even if they are group franchises, ie multiple dealers owned by 1 group - that's how I understand it works. Its also a way of driving a min commitment on units sold per dealer.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
The way I understand it, the dealer owns the slot allocation. All dealers get a certain number of allocated slots they can then fill. If you want to shift to another dealer you will lose the slot, even if they are group franchises, ie multiple dealers owned by 1 group - that's how I understand it works. Its also a way of driving a min commitment on units sold per dealer.
Thanks D - it makes sense and I was assuming that was the case - just wanted to check. Cheers
Sponsored