Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Porsche plans to halt the production of all models by the end of March 2022 according to a leaked internal communication memo. The War in Ukraine has impacted production and supply within Porsche factories, forcing the German car maker to take drastic measures. Porsche’s wire harness is produced in Ukraine alongside that of other car makers such as BMW and VW.

The following dates indicate when the temporary stop order will take effect. Cars whose production dates come before the cut off dates will still be produced.
1. Porsche 911 GT3 and GT3 Touring: March 17th, 2022
2. Porsche 911: March 31st, 2022
3. Porsche 718: March 14th, 2022
4. Porsche Cayenne: March 7th, 2022
5. Porsche Macan and Panamera: March 2nd, 2022
6. Porsche Taycan: March 3rd, 2022
That's the old email that's been circulating since last week isn't it?

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/zuffenhausen-production-closing-next-week.9759/post-139645
Sponsored

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Has anyone anywhere received an official Porsche communication about their order, other than what their SAs have told them? I've seen the screengrab of an internal communication, but it has not context as to where it applies and for how long.
Perhaps my misunderstanding, I though there was the leaked memo AND emails received by customers. I might be mistaken on the email, but I had seen the document with the info posted by @XLR82XS

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Given that the potential factors impacting production and potential workarounds are all developing rapidly, I guess it wouldn't be helpful at this stage to try to be more specific with customers than having the dealer contacts of those with build dates advising them that delays due to Putin's War are likely in the short term (e.g. for components sourced from Ukraine).

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
my SA has confirmed all production has stopped for an indeterminate amount of time

OP
OP

Deleted member 6348

my SA has confirmed all production has stopped for an indeterminate amount of time
This is the reality. It will take a few months to get suppliers spun up for the manufacturing of cables and wire harnesses at scale.

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This is the reality. It will take a few months to get suppliers spun up for the manufacturing of cables and wire harnesses at scale.
Yes. Absolute best case is the parts affected by the factories in ukraine (reportedly wiring harnesses manufactured by Leoni) can be moved quickly to another mfg site at low rate to enable production to restart, and ramped hard this quarter.

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
Yes. Absolute best case is the parts affected by the factories in ukraine (reportedly wiring harnesses manufactured by Leoni) can be moved quickly to another mfg site at low rate to enable production to restart, and ramped hard this quarter.
Yeah , heaven forbid your new toy is delayed.

frietzak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
My dealer told me today there is no news about this. My car was expected to go into production this month.

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yeah , heaven forbid your new toy is delayed.
yeah anyway, idk if you noticed but we are in a thread discussing the impacts of the war on auto production.

do I have to qualify every post I make with "of course this doesn't matter more than the fate of democracy in Europe and the death and suffering of the people of ukraine" or can we perhaps just recognize that we're having a narrow discussion? hmm?
Sponsored