Delivery Delayed Due to TPMS

Kevin BM

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera 4-Hybrid (Taycan CT ordered)
Country flag
Spoke to my OPC today regarding my Taycan CT order. There is now a 2 week slip in the build and delivery isn’t expected until late July or early August. However, he did say that Porsche have also cancelled up to 300 build slots from the upcoming schedule and this will impact on laters orders and delivery dates

amazing

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'99 540i, '20 Merc Sprinter 4x4, 21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Maybe the delay is just where my car is in line for TPMS or whatever else has to be done before release.
This is pretty much what my dealer said. That the TPMS will go on the cars, and then they get released a few at a time. FYI, my car arrived at the dealer today, so it could be just a matter of if your vehicle was loaded near the front or the back of the boat.

SeanY

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering 2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Can you post your pix from the dealer?
I was going to post the link of the car in the dealer site, and it's sold already...
Surprised because it has quite specific setup, so I thought it'd take longer to go away.
Ugly default wheel and no panorama, no plus battery. But most expensive beige leather..
I hope it's in good hands and it drives safe.

Porsche Taycan Delivery Delayed Due to TPMS IMG_8839

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
This is pretty much what my dealer said. That the TPMS will go on the cars, and then they get released a few at a time. FYI, my car arrived at the dealer today, so it could be just a matter of if your vehicle was loaded near the front or the back of the boat.
Well, my car must really be at the back of the line. After 5/24 arrival at the port with 5/28 delivery, was stuck at 6/11 delivery until the other day. Finally it changed to 6/18 (today).

Appears they missed that date as well. Expecting that it will shortly extend out yet another week.

Continued frustration....

Giluke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I've read in this forum about the fact that Porsche is shipping Taycans to the US without the TPMS system installed and then installing them at the ports of entry. My question is for those who experienced this clustef***k: what was your time from the day your car hit port to the installation and delivery to your dealer? Weeks? Months?

My car was shipped to Benicia in California and arrived Thursday. I just learned that it is awaiting the TPMS installation and the dealer has no idea as to when the car will be delivered to them.
My car arrived in Jacksonville on May 25th, 26 days after it was supposed to get to me... Since then its been at port processing and was apparently "released for transportation" on June 11th. Porsche can't get (or willing to pay extra for) trucks to get cars to dealerships so been waiting since then for a truck to pick it up. Very disappointing to say the least... No ETA...

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car arrived in Jacksonville on May 25th, 26 days after it was supposed to get to me... Since then its been at port processing and was apparently "released for transportation" on June 11th. Porsche can't get (or willing to pay extra for) trucks to get cars to dealerships so been waiting since then for a truck to pick it up. Very disappointing to say the least... No ETA...

Same exact thing here....

Giluke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Same exact thing here....
Good news and Porsche North America has finally found a truck!. I'll be able to pick up my car Thursday if no more delays at the dealership. All in all about 30 days past the original scheduled date.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good news and Porsche North America has finally found a truck!. I'll be able to pick up my car Thursday if no more delays at the dealership. All in all about 30 days past the original scheduled date.

Just heard the same thing. Finally after a month in Jacksonville, on a truck and finally headed up to Atlanta. PFF + ceramic guys queued up. They will get the car directly from the dealer.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
My RWD arrived on the same boat with yours at JAX 5/25. I took delivery 5/29. @dflohr car was on "our" boat and delayed as well. I hear more about cars from 5/25 JAX being delayed. Was I the only one to get my car that week?

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My RWD arrived on the same boat with yours at JAX 5/25. I took delivery 5/29. @dflohr car was on "our" boat and delayed as well. I hear more about cars from 5/25 JAX being delayed. Was I the only one to get my car that week?
My dealer told me that they got a small initial batch of cars early at the time you got yours. Then it completely shut down until finally resuming this week.
Sponsored