Taycan owner for 2 days, love the car but software bugs galore!

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Picked up my 2022 4S only on Friday. Love the drive, the mechanics and interior but damn there are a lot pf software bugs. If anyone knows any quick fixes please let me know.

1. Could not register my profile with Porsche Connect. The dealer did send me the activation link and I had set up everything including the pin code. VIN was also automatically associated with my account but still no dice. The tech who did the delivery tried several times and it kept saying "registration not available".

I've tried resetting the PCM with no avail, will leave it for a few more days but sounds like I need to take a brand new car back to dealer.

2. Automatic headlights on all the time. Regardless of time of day. Full lights on, including interior. GPS also in constant "Dark mode" as a result. Today it was full sun, I had to wear sunglasses and still lights on constantly.

3. TPMS displays pressure in Bar only. Can't figure out how to change this. My door sticker unit is Kpa and Psi so displaying Bar to me is little help unless I get out my phone for a manual conversion. Hopefully this is just a setting I need to change, does anyone know?

4. No Smartlift. Watched several youtube videos on smart lift feature in settings -> car. I don't have that option for some reason. Now I have to manually raise the car everytime I enter my parakde.

5. No torque split display. My left instrument cluster panel only shows assitance, traffic signs, G force and tire info. No torque split which I have seen in other taycans. Is this a feature thats missing from 2022? Or do I need to turn it on some how?

Hopefully some of these are just owner ignorance? Any help is appreciated! Still love the car and happy with my choice but I am a little disappointed to say the least.

Porsche Taycan Taycan owner for 2 days, love the car but software bugs galore! PXL_20211219_225036840
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
#1 My dealer had trouble setting this up initially also. They called support while the car was still there and got everything sorted before we took the car.

#2 sounds like a sensor issue. Take it to the dealer.

#3 …I’m not sure you should need a calculator to convert from bar to kPa…

Setting->System->Units->Pressure
Porsche Taycan Taycan owner for 2 days, love the car but software bugs galore! 16D9BDCD-FA35-4B39-8ABF-2D59B8D2DF17

#4 Is it activated?
Settings->Vehicle->Smart Lift
Porsche Taycan Taycan owner for 2 days, love the car but software bugs galore! 53EC051A-57D9-4648-93A7-EF43DDBA960E

#5 Is it enabled?
Settings->Displays->Instrument Cluster->Configure Display
Porsche Taycan Taycan owner for 2 days, love the car but software bugs galore! A4D57363-F209-49EF-B642-507C49E709FF

Porsche Taycan Taycan owner for 2 days, love the car but software bugs galore! E045403D-FA72-4C64-970E-C0E8FCFE95C0

yman182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a 22 and all wheel is also not an option. I have checked the setting menu. Maybe they removed it for some reason.

misterfring

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne
Country flag
Picked up my 2022 4S only on Friday. Love the drive, the mechanics and interior but damn there are a lot pf software bugs. If anyone knows any quick fixes please let me know.

1. Could not register my profile with Porsche Connect. The dealer did send me the activation link and I had set up everything including the pin code. VIN was also automatically associated with my account but still no dice. The tech who did the delivery tried several times and it kept saying "registration not available".
This happened to me when I picked up. Is your SOS light red? I had to wait for them to do a “system reset” which took 45 mins. When it was returned the light was green and I could log in.

apparently it’s something they are supposed to do with all ‘22s (cayennes and Macans as well) when they arrive at the dealership, but the message apparently hasn’t made it to everyone.

OP
OP
Jayyvr890

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Looks like I got a real lemon lol

No smart lift option in Settings->Vehicle->Smart Lift
No all wheel option

Yes my SOS is on red flashing!

Do you know if thats something that can be done OTA or must have a visit to dealer again?

Porsche Taycan Taycan owner for 2 days, love the car but software bugs galore! PXL_20211220_011343453.MP

Porsche Taycan Taycan owner for 2 days, love the car but software bugs galore! PXL_20211220_011347891

Porsche Taycan Taycan owner for 2 days, love the car but software bugs galore! PXL_20211220_011421595.MP

OP
OP
Jayyvr890

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This happened to me when I picked up. Is your SOS light red? I had to wait for them to do a “system reset” which took 45 mins. When it was returned the light was green and I could log in.

apparently it’s something they are supposed to do with all ‘22s (cayennes and Macans as well) when they arrive at the dealership, but the message apparently hasn’t made it to everyone.

Yes it's on a flashing! Do you know if this could be done OTA?

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No smart lift option in Settings->Vehicle->Smart Lift
Any chance Smart Lift isn’t available in Canada?

US standard equipment for a 4S:
Porsche Taycan Taycan owner for 2 days, love the car but software bugs galore! B4C18C51-7E54-4D80-98DA-019D34926C4F

Canada:
Porsche Taycan Taycan owner for 2 days, love the car but software bugs galore! 6517C597-CDD1-414E-94EF-9E9B05885623

The line items for air suspension and PASM doesn’t list smart lift in Canada. ?‍♂

Maybe other Canadians or your dealer can comment.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

OP
OP
Jayyvr890

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Any chance Smart Lift isn’t available in Canada?

US standard equipment for a 4S:
B4C18C51-7E54-4D80-98DA-019D34926C4F.jpeg

Canada:
6517C597-CDD1-414E-94EF-9E9B05885623.jpeg

The line items for air suspension and PASM doesn’t list smart lift in Canada. ?‍♂

Maybe other Canadians or your dealer can comment.
Interesting... dont see how we wouldnt have that option. I was able to set up the GPS linked homelink no problem. Will be chatting to the dealer! Thanks for your info!

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting... dont see how we wouldnt have that option. I was able to set up the GPS linked homelink no problem. Will be chatting to the dealer! Thanks for your info!
It says “availability varies by country” in the description. It will be interesting to see what you find from the dealer. Please report back! Hopefully it’s just a bug and gets enabled for you.

Porsche Taycan Taycan owner for 2 days, love the car but software bugs galore! CA7BD5C1-5F65-41F0-8480-11731A19F67B

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
To OP and anyone who has not yet picked up car at dealer, follow @W1NGE ‘s advice:

W1NGE said:
Don't accept delivery of the car unless you can log into the car with your Porsche Connect ID and the app can pick up your car - insist on it.
When this is done properly, the light on SOS call button on car will be green, not red. It took dealer rep and me 30 minutes to get this working for my account, and 2 hours to get it working for wife's secondary account. And that was after I had gotten the email from Porsche and added new car to my PorscheID.

I went to dealer after car arrived just to sign financial paperwork and to get this stuff working 2 days before I drove the car home. Not easy. Had to do settings in the car, then go back to dealer's desktop computer to do things there on my myPorsche account.

Also see new buyer pickup checklist in this other thread.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag

I've tried resetting the PCM with no avail, will leave it for a few more days but sounds like I need to take a brand new car back to dealer.

2. Automatic headlights on all the time. Regardless of time of day. Full lights on, including interior. GPS also in constant "Dark mode" as a result. Today it was full sun, I had to wear sunglasses and still lights on constantly.

3. TPMS displays pressure in Bar only. Can't figure out how to change this. My door sticker unit is Kpa and Psi so displaying Bar to me is little help unless I get out my phone for a manual conversion. Hopefully this is just a setting I need to change, does anyone know?

4. No Smartlift. Watched several youtube videos on smart lift feature in settings -> car. I don't have that option for some reason. Now I have to manually raise the car everytime I enter my parakde.

5. No torque split display. My left instrument cluster panel only shows assitance, traffic signs, G force and tire info. No torque split which I have seen in other taycans. Is this a feature thats missing from 2022? Or do I need to turn it on some how?

Hopefully some of these are just owner ignorance? Any help is appreciated! Still love the car and happy with my choice but I am a little disappointed to say the least.

PXL_20211219_225036840.jpg
Where are you in Canada? I'm in Vancouver also with a 2022.

1) The dealer did this for me so he got it to work. No advice here.

2) I'm having the same issue, but when the rain stopped yesterday and the sun came out, it turned to day mode. But today it stayed in dark mode for an entire drive during the afternoon. But weird thing is that when I shine a light onto the light sensor next to the rain sensor, all the displays become brighter. I just can't trick it into day mode. I'm not too sure how the car differentiates between daytime and night time.

I'm not sure, but I think daytime running lights are the same as night time. I turned off the auto feature, and when that is off, all you can do is turn on and off the low beam with the button below it. There is no option for daytime or nighttime lights. I checked it out on my Tesla, and the daytime and nighttime lights seem to be identical (even the Tesla manual says that the only thing that changes during the daytime is the rear taillights are off).

3) I changed mine to PSI. I also didn't see an option in the menus, but somehow I did it. Let me get back to you on this.

4) I also have no smart lift. I thought I saw the menu item before, but maybe I am mistaken. Some other people have mentioned that it will come back on its own later.

5) Never heard of torque split before.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Check back on some of my first posts after getting the car. I had the flashing red SOS button for a couple of weeks. It cleared up on its own. Until you get a solid green SOS light, you won’t be able to login to the car. That is also your smart lift problem. Smart lift is tied to you being logged in. “Guests” dont get to use the smart lift function.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Check back on some of my first posts after getting the car. I had the flashing red SOS button for a couple of weeks. It cleared up on its own. Until you get a solid green SOS light, you won’t be able to login to the car. That is also your smart lift problem. Smart lift is tied to you being logged in. “Guests” dont get to use the smart lift function.
I'm logged in and I also don't have smart lift. I assume by "logged in" you mean I've logged in as my user in the car. I am not a "guest" in the car.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

PXL_20211219_225036840.jpg
Oh, I forgot to mention that I also have the alarm issue. Ha! One more problem than you!

I'm finding the menus and software WAY too complicated compared to my Tesla. I'm getting more used to it, but I still feel it could have been re-structured and cleaned up dramatically.