First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Just arranged pick up.
Handing back to Porsche GB finance company.
I am not trying to depress anyone (particularly in UK).
Just the facts. We are all aware.
It’s been fun. Especially the 1st Taycan which I sold for a profit.
Forum has been fun too.
Thanks everybody.

The second Taycan has been more expensive.
£20,000 deposit and £1200 a month for 2 years.
£49,000 to own for 2 years

Thank goodness I got the finance with GFV of £75,500.
Not that I had the cash!

This is what it is actually worth.

Porsche Taycan Bye Bye Taycan IMG_4613

If I had paid cash I would be keeping it for sure. No way I would be taking a £72,000 hit.
I understand the frequent comments about you don’t realise the depreciation until you sell.

However there is no way I am ‘buying’ a car for £75,500 that is only worth £43,000.

The Taycan is a wonderful car. If you have one (in UK especially) keep it.

If you have to get rid of a Taycan this year, brace yourself.

if you haven’t got a Taycan buy a second hand one now. Drive a hard bargain. The market is FLOODED.
EVERYBODY is handing back the keys on finance deals. Lease or PCP.

Don’t buy a new Taycan unless you get a 25% discount. Minimum.

I was on Macan waiting list but too long to wait and still too expensive with 11% APR and no discount.

Just for info I am leasing a Mercedes EQC for £325 a month with 12 months down
£11,375 total cost over 2 years.
Not my first choice but nice enough and at a quarter of the price of a Porsche I can’t say no.

Back to Porsche for 2nd hand bargain in 2years when retired.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
Just for info I am leasing a Mercedes EQC for £325 a month with 12 months down
£11,375 total cost over 2 years.
Not my first choice but nice enough...
I hope the Mercedes hands free features are highly advanced, because the only way I could ever drive that vehicle is with my eyes closed :CWL::giggle:

DJBlack

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Cayenne Coupe, Taycan GTS on order
Country flag
I recently leased my wife an EQC for a similar deal, a bargain in my opinion and a very nice car

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
How do you tell if a Taycan is gently used?
Same as any other car, I suspect... look at the service history and whether the interior and exterior look like they have a bunch of excessive wear and tear relative to the age and mileage, implying someone that didn't really care a whole lot. A car with a bunch of curb rash, door dings, wrinkled, dirty leather and interior scuffs and marks is a hard pass for me. My car looks almost showroom new after 2+ years because it's been so well-cared for.

n3ophyte

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Nissan GT-R
Country flag
You can also view the launch count using a cheap OBDII bluetooth reader and the free CarScanner app.

Porsche Taycan Bye Bye Taycan IMG_1219

Last edited:

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
But the visible wear and tear doesn't really tell you the how the car was driven and the condition of the battery especially given that the car is still not very old. California Advanced Clean Cars II proposes a dashboard SOH indicator for 2026 and beyond but doesn't help with the current crop.

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
But the visible wear and tear doesn't really tell you the how the car was driven and the condition of the battery especially given that the car is still not very old.
Listen for ticking noises coming from the cylinder heads and check for any slop in the gear changes to the front axle. Pop the hood and look for obvious oil leaks. Lastly, check for excess soot at the tailpipes.

Seriously, though, maintenence records should be helpful, especially to see what recalls were addressed and how quickly. While interior or exterior wear doesn't directly correlate to vehicle use, it's fair to say that an owner who cares for their seats, paint, trim likely takes care with their car's mechanics and maintenance as well.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
But the visible wear and tear doesn't really tell you the how the car was driven and the condition of the battery especially given that the car is still not very old. California Advanced Clean Cars II proposes a dashboard SOH indicator for 2026 and beyond but doesn't help with the current crop.
With EVs, does that really matter (and I mean that seriously not as a smart aleck response)? Since there are so many fewer moving parts, I would feel much more comfortable buying a used EV based on service records and inspection for physical damage/wrecks than I would for an ICE, and particularly one with a manual transmission, where I think that it is so much harder to know the not-easily-visible damage to drivetrain etc. . . Sure, you can check for type II overrevs on OBD, but you can't tell whether clutch has been abused, motor run low on oil, overrevs, etc . . .

so, if you can know that an EV has not been wrecked and has not been to the shop multiple times for a specific issue, wouldn't it be a much safer vehicle on average to buy pre-owned?

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
With EVs, does that really matter (and I mean that seriously not as a smart aleck response)? Since there are so many fewer moving parts, I would feel much more comfortable buying a used EV based on service records and inspection for physical damage/wrecks than I would for an ICE, and particularly one with a manual transmission, where I think that it is so much harder to know the not-easily-visible damage to drivetrain etc. . . Sure, you can check for type II overrevs on OBD, but you can't tell whether clutch has been abused, motor run low on oil, overrevs, etc . . .

so, if you can know that an EV has not been wrecked and has not been to the shop multiple times for a specific issue, wouldn't it be a much safer vehicle on average to buy pre-owned?
Same. There's no overrevs to worry about, no oil to have tested for metal or whatever, no IMS bearings to replace (whatever those are...). I don't know anybody that takes super good care of their car that then decides to thrash it on the road. I drive mine enthusiastically, but it's exceptionally well cared for, and that to me is obvious when you look at it. Similarly, when I look at used cars online I can always tell the lessor who just didn't care. And the car may still be mechanically sound despite that, but there's going to be a correlation.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You have your choice between two Taycans that are equipped with all your preferred options in the same apparent physical condition and are aware that battery condition is important.

Jim is in his mid seventies and drives mainly about town.

Bob is twenty something lives in the desert southwest and tracks his car frequently and likes to drag race at stop signs. He has about 5,000 more miles on his car than Jim and has put new tires on his car.

Jim is offering to sell his car for $90,,000 and Bob is offering his car for $85,000. Which one would you buy?

And I lied, Jim is Bob so how do you figure out what the difference in the cars really is at the time of purchase.

Or harder, Bob's car is coming off lease and is being offered as a CPO by Porsche for $100,,000 in say a Northern state.

Still want to buy it?

OP
OP
Ross

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
How do you tell if a Taycan is gently used?
My GTS has done 14,000 miles in 2 years and even though they are near the end I still have the original Pirelli chocolate tyres.
THAT is proof of some sort!

OP
OP
Ross

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I hope the Mercedes hands free features are highly advanced, because the only way I could ever drive that vehicle is with my eyes closed :CWL::giggle:
The EQC is nice. Just a slightly electrified tarted up GLC.

Outside it is an electric SUV boring jelly mould like the Macan but you can’t see it from the inside. The inside is every bit as nice as a Porsche (or Audi) Just different.

I generally like Mercedes. This will be my 4th, matching 4 Porsches and 4 Audis. Never had a BMW. Don’t know why really. Just don’t like them. It’s all so subjective. (I have had 3 Minis) ?

I agree as you go up the electric Mercedes range up to S class top spec the more they look like and feel like a Las Vegas brothel inside. Not for me.

But if we are talking interiors the absolutely dreadful bottom of the pile is Tesla. Like sitting in a collection of cheap IKEA bedroom furniture with a toy steering wheel with an IPad glued to the top of a bedside cabinet.
Never, ever will I stoop that low.
Sponsored