Xpel PPF on front Bumper (GTS) - Anyone had this done please?

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
So my installer is fitted the PPF in 2 pieces saying the template is not for a GTS so he had to do it this way.

Has anyone had the front bumper done in Xpel in 1 piece?

Thanks
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Do it in bulk film - my installer does.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did the whole car in Xpel satin PPF. The seams are not visible if done properly.

70543987146__497784BC-B098-4C55-B95A-DD8CD61E2195.jpeg
Thanks as I thought. Bull from my installer. Thanks for confirming

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Doesn't the GTS have a different fascia though? I have full XPEL PPF on my 4S and it's all one piece (and they've since had to re-do it under warranty and it's still one piece) but the base/4S/Turbo (on the one hand) and GTS (on the other) fascias are different, I believe. Aren't the side air ducts under the lights wider on the GTS?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab, i4
Country flag
So my installer is fitted the PPF in 2 pieces saying the template is not for a GTS so he had to do it this way.

Has anyone had the front bumper done in Xpel in 1 piece?

Thanks
Hi is the front bumper different on the GTS than a Turbo?
and where is the joining of pieces?
mine is done in one piece for all I know. I have not seen or felt anything else.
Here is a screenshot of XPEL eu site showing the front for a Turbo
Porsche Taycan Xpel PPF on front Bumper (GTS) - Anyone had this done please? IMG_1535

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Doesn't the GTS have a different fascia though? I have full XPEL PPF on my 4S and it's all one piece (and they've since had to re-do it under warranty and it's still one piece) but the base/4S/Turbo (on the one hand) and GTS (on the other) fascias are different, I believe. Aren't the side air ducts under the lights wider on the GTS?
But these air ducts look very similar to the Sports kit on Turbo? I can not see a huge difference

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
But these air ducts look very similar to the Sports kit on Turbo? I can not see a huge difference
I think you're right... the GTS just gets the SportDesign front that's otherwise available in the configurator for other models. I suspect your installer is just lazy.

Uknown

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY20
Country flag
Wow that looks really good. I felt they did a reasonable job on mine, but I can see the edges by headlights and the front edge of bumper on mine

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi is the front bumper different on the GTS than a Turbo?
and where is the joining of pieces?
mine is done in one piece for all I know. I have not seen or felt anything else.
Here is a screenshot of XPEL eu site showing the front for a Turbo
IMG_1535.jpeg
The large part in the picture is in 2 pieces on my car. I've told them I will not accept it and they now want another 2 weeks so thats 7 in total.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The large part in the picture is in 2 pieces on my car. I've told them I will not accept it and they now want another 2 weeks so thats 7 in total.
I brought my Taycan in for warranty work on that exact piece (as the bottom was peeling), and Xpel Austin had it back to me same day. 2 weeks my ass.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is just terrible and unacceptable. I honestly would tell them to take it all off, make sure the paint is flawless and bring the car to a known detailer. They are having you on there.

I would also get in touch with XPEL and give them detailed feedback of a certified XPEL installer and ask for an explanation. They should not be certified! Assume they have told you they are certified?

I do not think my car in total took even 2 weeks to complete with a full paint correction ( Yes Porsche paint in beginning of 2020 was not great) plus full PPF.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is just terrible and unacceptable. I honestly would tell them to take it all off, make sure the paint is flawless and bring the car to a known detailer. They are having you on there.

I would also get in touch with XPEL and give them detailed feedback of a certified XPEL installer and ask for an explanation. They should not be certified! Assume they have told you they are certified?

I do not think my car in total took even 2 weeks to complete with a full paint correction ( Yes Porsche paint in beginning of 2020 was not great) plus full PPF.
I know it’s a joke. They are a Xpel franchise. I haven’t seen the car for 2 weeks. He says everything else is done so I’m giving them one last chance on the bumper and of course I need to check it’s perfect.